Turn on thread page Beta

LGBTQ Film Recommendations watch

ReputationRep:
    Looking for that quality representation in the media haha.

Anyone got any good ones? I saw 'Call me by your name' recently, thought it was great!

ReputationRep:
    Carol is one of my favourites of the past couple years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndieEll)
    Looking for that quality representation in the media haha.

Anyone got any good ones? I saw 'Call me by your name' recently, thought it was great!
    Didn’t you think it was a bit creepy the kid looked 14 and the supposedly young guy looked 40.

The acting and cinematography were good though.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Didn’t you think it was a bit creepy the kid looked 14 and the supposedly young guy looked 40.

The acting and cinematography were good though.
    Omg 100% yes it was creepy. When the film first started I was thinking this can’t be the two men who end up together?! But then I guess the PhD guy is supposed to be what, 24-25? And the boy is 18. But yeah they looked like 40 and 10 so that was weird.

The very end scene was moving.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    moonlight - character piece that won best picture oscar in 2017 (and deserved it, wow)
    pride - it's about the LGSM group so is more about the activists themselves as opposed to being a romance/drama
    the handmaiden - haven't seen it but heard good things about it, I think it's foreign with english subs?
    but i'm a cheerleader - another one i haven't seen, think it's more of a teenage one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dramaticzoom)
    moonlight - character piece that won best picture oscar in 2017 (and deserved it, wow)
    pride - it's about the LGSM group so is more about the activists themselves as opposed to being a romance/drama
    the handmaiden - haven't seen it but heard good things about it, I think it's foreign with english subs?
    but i'm a cheerleader - another one i haven't seen, think it's more of a teenage one
    Loooooved Pride! I think I cried hahah. Good suggestions, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Moonlight definitely, I hear Love Simon is meant to be good too

ReputationRep:
    Might be too late to reply, but here goes.

I loved the short film, Pretty Boy. Really interesting; deals with prostitution, homophobia, religion, bullying etc. I recommend it highly

ReputationRep:
    Blue is the warmest colour
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Not a film but a TV show, Everything Sucks.. it's on Netflix and the LGBTQ comes naturally as part of the show which is really welcome.

ReputationRep:
    the handmaiden is good, although you have to read subtitles. rather long but a great plot twist!

I'd recommend 'Boys', it's a swedish film and i think it may still be on netflix, anyway it's super cute and entertaining, you really get involved :') hope you like it !

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.