Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can i sit 4 examinations in year 10 and sit 4 in year 11 .I have 8 overall.Will this affect my uni application.P.s.the grades wont be on one transcript because i wont be doing the first 4 in my same school i will do it in a different school so, i will have multiple transcripts
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jackbutle212)
    can i sit 4 examinations in year 10 and sit 4 in year 11 .I have 8 overall.Will this affect my uni application.P.s.the grades wont be on one transcript because i wont be doing the first 4 in my same school i will do it in a different school so, i will have multiple transcripts
    Yes if the school will let you. Nope it wont affect your uni app.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Yes if the school will let you. Nope it wont affect your uni app.
    Can the results be on multiple transcripts?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jackbutle212)
    Can the results be on multiple transcripts?
    Yes because they are from 2 different dates. You could order a fresh one from the exam board so they came on the same piece of paper.

ReputationRep:
    You could order a fresh one from the exam board so they came on the same piece of paper.
    I'm afraid that's not possible.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE certificates are issued by individual exam boards and for each exam season and centre so it's is common for students to have 3 or 4 certificates even if they took all their GCSEs in the same season at the same exam centre. It's not uncommon for students to take a couple one year and the rest the next and I don't expect the majority of universities minding if you split them 50/50 over 2 years. However, very few English schools would let you - where are you?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Compost)
    I'm afraid that's not possible.
    1. I wouldnt have any problem with it on 2 pieces of paper.
    2. I thought they could get a certifying statement of results in place of a certificate and that would show all their results from the exam board?

ReputationRep:
    1. I wouldnt have any problem with it on 2 pieces of paper.
    2. I thought they could get a certifying statement of results in place of a certificate and that would show all their results from the exam board?
    Having more than 1 certificate is not a problem - most students take GCSEs with more than 1 exam board and so have more than 1 certificate. Taking only 4 GCSEs at a time might be an issue with a few universities.
    You can't get exam boards to re-issue a certificate with all the results from different seasons on one certificate. I've never seen a certifying statement of results but I've always believed they would provide one for each exam season. Even if they don't I think they will show when the qualifications were obtained and that would show they were not all at the same time.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Compost)
    Having more than 1 certificate is not a problem - most students take GCSEs with more than 1 exam board and so have more than 1 certificate. Taking only 4 GCSEs at a time might be an issue with a few universities.
    You can't get exam boards to re-issue a certificate with all the results from different seasons on one certificate. I've never seen a certifying statement of results but I've always believed they would provide one for each exam season. Even if they don't I think they will show when the qualifications were obtained and that would show they were not all at the same time.
    1. I never said it was a problem and if it was me I wouldnt be bothered in the slightest. It is the OP who raised it as an issue.
    2. I'd expect the OP to state if they were doing different exam boards.
    3. Why would a uni care whether they had taken 4 GCSEs at a time? [notwithstanding the unusual event the school lets him].
    4. When i've looked [ notwithstanding differences in exam boards] they dont issue new certificates but the certifying statement instead.

From the Edexcel site it says.

A Certifying Statement of Results is an official document that replaces your original certificate. It’s printed on certificate paper and includes the hologram that proves the document’s authenticity. It may not be printed on the same certificate paper as your original certificate but it’ll show similar information, including all of the subjects you took and the grades you achieved.

GCSE, Edexcel Certificates and International GCS

Your application will cover all GCSE, Edexcel Certificates and International GCSE results we hold for you in the month(s)/year(s) provided on your application form.If you completed subjects in different exam sessions, or resat, please let us know in the additional information box so we can locate all of your results first time.

5. So that would get them all on one document, but ofc it would be a record of when sat and obviously show a different exam period.
    It is only the OP who raised the supposed issue. I wouldnt care less.

Ps we dont know the exam board, but am making a presumption they all act the same for consistency.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.