Turn on thread page Beta

I think my mutual friend is a prostitute watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    On what basis would you be reporting her as it isnt illegal.
    Why is it any of your business?
    Is this the way you behave to friends?
    yes it would be illegal if you attempted to coerce or blackmail her. In that sense you can report yourself t the police whilst you are making a tit of yourself.
    I thought in the Uk that 16 was the age of consent. 18 is the threshold in the states. Is this not true??? Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheYearNiner)
    Exactly it's not right and people are actually defending her.

Even though it may bit be illegal to be a prostitute its just morally wrong and degrading to people's lives
    People have no morals these days. Hookers spread STDs and people think its ok...

ReputationRep:
    I dont get why you care OP its her body let her do whatever she wants with it. If anything bad happens to her (and I hope nothing does) she'll simply have to deal with the consequences.
    For you righteous f*ggots who say its morally wrong.
    Morals are completely subjective
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Rabbit2)
    I thought in the Uk that 16 was the age of consent. 18 is the threshold in the states. Is this not true??? Cheers.
    Yes 16 for the UK although interestingly parents may be able to exert some influence as parental responsibility doesnt finish till 18.
    Prostitution legal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosti...United_Kingdom

For the USA its a state matter so can vary from 16 to 18

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_o..._United_States

Prostitution illegal in all states except Nevada.Obviously it goes on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosti...s#Legal_status

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StBlackOps2Cel)
    I dont get why you care OP its her body let her do whatever she wants with it. If anything bad happens to her (and I hope nothing does) she'll simply have to deal with the consequences.
    If morals are subjective then morals don't exist. It just reduces down to a matter of opinion.

Rates of STIs amongst sex workers are 5 to 60 times higher than the general population. Luckily we don't live in the 1980s anymore, when Hepatitis C treatment only had a 6% success rate... Medicine has advanced greatly but it doesn't mean its morally acceptable to pass on dangerous diseases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StBlackOps2Cel)
    Would you be happy if your daughter was a prostitute? Exactly, it's not right is it? stop defending her because its not right anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    :google:
    Ok I got mixed up. Brothels and things alike are illegal.

ReputationRep:
    You don't even know for certain she is a prostitute. You are getting your information based upon rumours

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.