hopefully at least 3 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatfuture)
    8 weeks until exams
    -did you start
    -what is your study schedule
    -how much work are you doing daily
    -are you done w/IA/orals/EE/tok
    I'm mostly following the revision we do in class - this week we're going through the mock exams in detail and next week or so we will start with teacher-led revision for the coming five weeks. So technically I guess I've started. Beyond that I'm going to start around easter with studying more intensely on my own.

I'd say somewhere between 4 and 6 hours of work per non-school day (they let us go home about 3 weeks before exams) is optimal; for the mocks I tried to study 8 hours one day, and I'll never try that again. And note that I mean 4-6 hours of actual work, which is spread out over 8-10 hours. During school days 2-3 hours is probably a realistic maximum - including rereading language A books, writing commentaries, doing maths revision HW etc

Yeah, we finished most of that in December/early January. The last deadline (History IA) is on Thursday 15/3, and it was extended to now because of the mock exams.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.