Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Doubt I'll find anything here, but it's worth a shot.

Recently, if I try to print anything from my computer, it comes out really faint and unreadable despite having a full ink cartridge.

The problem is nothing to do with the printer, though, as printing from any other device works normally.

My computer used to work normally when printing and I can't figure out what's causing this or how to fix it. I have already tried changing the settings, re-installing the drivers and searching it on Google... but nothing.

Any tech experts, please help.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So you've definitely got ink, if you print from any other device it'll print normally but from your computer everything prints faint? Is this wired or wireless? What happens if you print a document from your computer elsewhere? This is a somewhat odd issue

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

The printer definitely has ink.
    I print wirelessly and cannot move my computer because it is a tower but it used to work fine in the exact same spot. All I can think is that it started printing faintly due to a low ink cartridge, before the ink cartridge was replaced and everything printed fine on all devices but my computer.

It’s only black that prints faintly, and I read online that some printers have a “conserve black” feature, I thought it might be this but it is not in my printer’s settings and the black is so faint you have to shine a light on it to see it.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.