Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey guys,

So this morning I woke up and I had a really bad stomach pain, like it was so painful that I couldn't even go back to sleep. I went to the bathroom in case it may have been trapped wind or something but the pain was still there.
    Its not my period pain and I don't remember eating anything out of the ordinary the day before.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Hey guys,

So this morning I woke up and I had a really bad stomach pain, like it was so painful that I couldn't even go back to sleep. I went to the bathroom in case it may have been trapped wind or something but the pain was still there.
    Its not my period pain and I don't remember eating anything out of the ordinary the day before.

Any advice?
    Have you had any painkillers?
    If the pain continues until Thursday you should go consult a doctor as it could be worse.
    I had a really bad stomach pain and it turned out to be appendicitis.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by randomuser5678)
    Have you had any painkillers?
    If the pain continues until Thursday you should go consult a doctor as it could be worse.
    I had a really bad stomach pain and it turned out to be appendicitis.
    No I havent taken any pills, like the pain is on and off, so I wasnt sure if it was needed and it wasnt just me who had the pain but my siblings also.

ReputationRep:
    No I havent taken any pills, like the pain is on and off, so I wasnt sure if it was needed and it wasnt just me who had the pain but my siblings also.
    Perhaps it's the food- food poisoning?

I think you should try to have some painkillers- i suggest ibuprofen as it is more stronger than paracetamol.

Hope you get well
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Perhaps it's the food- food poisoning?

I think you should try to have some painkillers- i suggest ibuprofen as it is more stronger than paracetamol.

Hope you get well
    Maybe, but thanks for the advice xx

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but thanks for the advice xx
    Do let me know, please

ReputationRep:
    drink alot of water , it will help alot
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Do let me know, please
    Dw I will and whats with the unexpected kindness?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    drink alot of water , it will help alot
    Tbh water was the only liquid that I was able to drink today, like I wasnt feeling anything else and I didnt really eat anything except for a banana and a bowl of porridge but thank you x

ReputationRep:
    Tbh water was the only liquid that I was able to drink today, like I wasnt feeling anything else and I didnt really eat anything except for a banana and a bowl of porridge but thank you x
    i wake up with stomach pains sometimes aswell , normal i take water and some yogurt for breakfast

is there anything stressing/upsetting you atm , that would explain it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i wake up with stomach pains sometimes aswell , normal i take water and some yogurt for breakfast

is there anything stressing/upsetting you atm , that would explain it
    No not really, like Im up to date with work, my week so far is going well, my birthday is coming up!! but other than that, nothing has been on my mind that will cause me to feel stressed or anything

ReputationRep:
    No not really, like Im up to date with work, my week so far is going well, my birthday is coming up!! but other than that, nothing has been on my mind that will cause me to feel stressed or anything
    maybe you just slept rough , should be gone by the end of the day

if it persists then go see someone
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    maybe you just slept rough , should be gone by the end of the day

if it persists then go see someone
    Yep probably and thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    Yep probably and thanks for the advice
    np x

ReputationRep:
    Dw I will and whats with the unexpected kindness?
    I like being polite, hence I use my manners

ReputationRep:
    Hiya

You say you have stomach pain what did you eat prior?..

I had very similar form 2015-2018

I had no pain in 2017 because i restrained my diet...

It started around the centre of my abdomen and would "spread" agony wasn't the wword it would force me crawl everywhere.

the pain would start mostly at night after a few hours it would ease to nothing, however sometimes it would last days.

I had this for 3yrs and thought it was IBS or trapped wind etc etc.

This Christmas period i went MENTAL with the food lol i ate loads of Chocolate and fatty meat etc etc and i was in agony for 2 weeks straight
    i couldn't sleep or eat!

I was rushed into A&E and it turned out i had a Gallbladder full of stones and the fatty food had caused the gallbladder to pulsate rapidly causing a stone to come out and block the bile ducts causing pancreatitis.

The pain that would last a couple of hours was the gallbadder itself, the stones would tumble around and aggravate the inside causing pain.

Now i don't mean to be an alarmist or anything but i suggest you get it checked out, i waited 2yrs and but that time it was too late.

Cheers Henry,,

Again i don't mean to be an alarmist..

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Table123)
    Hiya

You say you have stomach pain what did you eat prior?..

I had very similar form 2015-2018

I had no pain in 2017 because i restrained my diet...

It started around the centre of my abdomen and would "spread" agony wasn't the wword it would force me crawl everywhere.

the pain would start mostly at night after a few hours it would ease to nothing, however sometimes it would last days.

I had this for 3yrs and thought it was IBS or trapped wind etc etc.

This Christmas period i went MENTAL with the food lol i ate loads of Chocolate and fatty meat etc etc and i was in agony for 2 weeks straight
    i couldn't sleep or eat!

I was rushed into A&E and it turned out i had a Gallbladder full of stones and the fatty food had caused the gallbladder to pulsate rapidly causing a stone to come out and block the bile ducts causing pancreatitis.

The pain that would last a couple of hours was the gallbadder itself, the stones would tumble around and aggravate the inside causing pain.

Now i don't mean to be an alarmist or anything but i suggest you get it checked out, i waited 2yrs and but that time it was too late.

Cheers Henry,,

Again i don't mean to be an alarmist..

Heyy,

Thanks for that advice but the stomach ache is gone x
    Think it was that Donar I had the day before but once again appreciated completly x
    Hope everything is fine with you

ReputationRep:
    Heyy,

Thanks for that advice but the stomach ache is gone x
    Think it was that Donar I had the day before but once again appreciated completly x
    Hope everything is fine with you
    Ah i'm glad the ache has gone, probably an upset stomach maybe the Donar was out of date??

I'm still waiting for the DREADED phone call at the Mo lol

Hopefully i'll get a surgery spot before i go to college in september!!

H

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.