Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just received my offer to York and I think I'm going to make it my firm choice. I just want to get a group started so we could discuss stuff like accommodation, experiences that have got us to where we are today, etc. I'm so excited to hear from my potential future classmates and student nurses!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I also have firmly accepted my conditional offer for nursing at York too. What type of nursing you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloelowery2000)
    Hi, I also have firmly accepted my conditional offer for nursing at York too. What type of nursing you applied for?
    I’ve applied for BSc Nursing (Adult). What about you? Also, what accommodation are you looking at? I heard most nursing students go for Alcuin but I’ve also heard that Alcuin has very little in terms of social life!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to adult nursing too. I am so stressed about sorting stuff out, I think I am going to look into Alcuin but I also liked the look of Halifax but I dunno which one to apply to. I am going down on the 26th March for a tour so hopefully will be able to look at the accommodation

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to adult nursing too. I am so stressed about sorting stuff out, I think I am going to look into Alcuin but I also liked the look of Halifax but I dunno which one to apply to. I am going down on the 26th March for a tour so hopefully will be able to look at the accommodation
    I like the idea of Alcuin being en-suite as I think we need more privacy as student nurses. Do you have access to York’s online portal called [email protected] yet? I still haven’t received an email or letter from them with my login details and I received my offer yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sean170296)
    I like the idea of Alcuin being en-suite as I think we need more privacy as student nurses. Do you have access to York’s online portal called [email protected] yet? I still haven’t received an email or letter from them with my login details and I received my offer yesterday.
    I am definitely looking into getting an en-suite especially with us being on shift work. I do have access as I received my offer a few weeks back. They should send an email soon and they also send a letter. There's nothing really on the portal. It is basically just your details and gives you the chance to book a tour.

ReputationRep:
    I am definitely looking into getting an en-suite especially with us being on shift work. I do have access as I received my offer a few weeks back. They should send an email soon and they also send a letter. There's nothing really on the portal. It is basically just your details and gives you the chance to book a tour.
    Thanks for letting me know! Have you heard anything about DBS forms yet or health checks? Have you heard from anyone else with an offer yet?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for letting me know! Have you heard anything about DBS forms yet or health checks? Have you heard from anyone else with an offer yet?
    No problem. I haven't heard anything about the DBS or health checks, this could be because I have a conditional offer so am waiting for results so once my results come in and my place is definielty confirmed then they will probably release the information to everyone then. I haven't heard from anyone else, your the first person

ReputationRep:
    No problem. I haven't heard anything about the DBS or health checks, this could be because I have a conditional offer so am waiting for results so once my results come in and my place is definielty confirmed then they will probably release the information to everyone then. I haven't heard from anyone else, your the first person
    My offer is conditional too, although I have already met the conditions, I’ve just got to wait for an official academic transcript to be sent to the university so they can make my offer unconditional 😁 I hope we meet more people soon, I think they said they weren’t giving many offers out until April at least.

ReputationRep:
    My offer is conditional too, although I have already met the conditions, I’ve just got to wait for an official academic transcript to be sent to the university so they can make my offer unconditional 😁 I hope we meet more people soon, I think they said they weren’t giving many offers out until April at least.
    Ah well done! So lucky. Hopefully closer to the time it will be easier to find people cause some people might not have received their offers yet.

ReputationRep:
    Ah well done! So lucky. Hopefully closer to the time it will be easier to find people cause some people might not have received their offers yet.
    I’m guessing that most people haven’t received their offers yet as interviews have went on so late. I believe the last set of nursing interviews for this year was on the Saturday just gone! People should start hearing soon nonetheless! I’m just so excited to start now... 6 months to go 🎉🎉

ReputationRep:
    I’m guessing that most people haven’t received their offers yet as interviews have went on so late. I believe the last set of nursing interviews for this year was on the Saturday just gone! People should start hearing soon nonetheless! I’m just so excited to start now... 6 months to go 🎉🎉
    definitely, it's so exciting. I can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I accepted my offer Adult Nursing yesterday, does anyone know which accommodation is best for Nursing/Midwifery students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samantha6793)
    Hi, I accepted my offer Adult Nursing yesterday, does anyone know which accommodation is best for Nursing/Midwifery students?
    Everyone I have spoke t have told me that Alcuin is best for student nurses, although they said it is quiet... Other places for student nurses include Eden's Court in Derwent College or Halifax College... I've heard that you can choose Constantine on Heslington East Campus if you feel like you want more modern accommodation.

I've just set up a page for student nurses starting in September 2018 on facebook if you follow the link below. Invite everyone you know that has offers aswell as there are only 4 people in the group at the minute!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/447092405750999/

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of York
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of York
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sun, 16 Sep '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.