Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I actually don’t know what to do! My teacher puts vocabulary of every topic on quizlet and I make sure to memorise them but I seem to not be doing any well at all. Most of the grammar rules I don’t understand and like when I look at a sentence which other people in my class can translate, I can’t at all. I’m honestly losing hope rn idk how to revise for it or how to improve, nothing makes sense to me anymore. I used to be good at french but now it’s hitting me, 2 months left till gcses and I’m guaranteed a fail.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not the best idea taking advice from me considering I got a D in German in GCSE, but I know where I went wrong.

All I would say if you are struggling now - Do past papers! Get yourself used to listening to the person speaking for the listening test, get used to the pace of the speaker.

The writing papers just familiarise your self with the basics so you're not loosing them easy marks, because the first couple pages of the paper you shouldn't loose any marks.

I should've done what I'm advising you to do, but I didn't because I'm lazy; but I would honestly advice you to do that - whether if thats a good idea to listen to me, thats upto you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbrdodd)
    Probably not the best idea taking advice from me considering I got a D in German in GCSE, but I know where I went wrong.

All I would say if you are struggling now - Do past papers! Get yourself used to listening to the person speaking for the listening test, get used to the pace of the speaker.

The writing papers just familiarise your self with the basics so you're not loosing them easy marks, because the first couple pages of the paper you shouldn't loose any marks.

I should've done what I'm advising you to do, but I didn't because I'm lazy; but I would honestly advice you to do that - whether if thats a good idea to listen to me, thats upto you.
    thanks!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.