Turn on thread page Beta

Songs that make you cry for no apparent reason watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any songs that made you teary-eyed or actually make you cry for no reason in particular?

Radiohead- How I Made My Millions has this effect on me, every time I listen to it. It sends me into a very reflective and somber state

Can anyone relate? If so, tell me what songs have this effect on you

ReputationRep:
    ‘If you leave me now’ by Chicago. I suppose there is a reason why listening to it upsets me. For some reason I’ve associated the song with my kitten dying when I was six. To this day, I cannot listen to the song without welling up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abcdefghijk123)
    ‘If you leave me now’ by Chicago. I suppose there is a reason why listening to it upsets me. For some reason I’ve associated the song with my kitten dying when I was six. To this day, I cannot listen to the song without welling up.
    Gosh, just listened to it and yeah, it's a sad song anyone but especially considering what you associate it with. My cat died when I was 8, so I understand the pain you went through. I remember waiting for my Mum to tell me that it was an elaborate joke. That's the strange thing with the Radiohead song I mentioned- there's nothing that I (knowingly) associated it with but still, it makes me feel very emotional...

ReputationRep:
    There are some that make me emotional for reasons, but none that I can think of that make me emotional for no reason. There is usually always a reason for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    There are some that make me emotional for reasons, but none that I can think of that make me emotional for no reason. There is usually always a reason for it.
    Yes, I agree, there are many songs that make me emotional for reasons that I am fully aware of. But How I Made My Millions puzzles me, the only thing I can think of is the lyrics "I was stronger, I was better" and how those, in particular, make me emotional. I'm not too sure why though. And besides, the song has very few lyrics anyway so it's hard to pinpoint

ReputationRep:
    When I listen to SUMMER by BROCKHAMPTON I cry

ReputationRep:
    drake - marvins room
    ohhh my god

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kodakid)
    Gosh, just listened to it and yeah, it's a sad song anyone but especially considering what you associate it with. My cat died when I was 8, so I understand the pain you went through. I remember waiting for my Mum to tell me that it was an elaborate joke. That's the strange thing with the Radiohead song I mentioned- there's nothing that I (knowingly) associated it with but still, it makes me feel very emotional...
    I think only a fellow pet owner could possibly understand the pain of losing a pet. I remember it not hitting me until the day after I was told. Songs can be incredibly powerful.

ReputationRep:
    How to save a life - The Fray

ReputationRep:
    ‘Slipping through my fingers’ by Abba - honestly, five seconds of that song and I’m away.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    you raise me up by john barrowman- every time since i first heard it still no idea why

ReputationRep:
    I second what Wilfred Little has said. I can't think of any particular song which has made me cry anyway, but if any song ever were to make me cry, there would most likely be a specific reason behind it.

ReputationRep:
    There there by radiohead- sometimes I just sit on my bed and cry watching the video, and every breath you take by The Police

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2018
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.