Songs that make you cry for no apparent reason Watch

kodakid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do you have any songs that made you teary-eyed or actually make you cry for no reason in particular?

Radiohead- How I Made My Millions has this effect on me, every time I listen to it. It sends me into a very reflective and somber state

Can anyone relate? If so, tell me what songs have this effect on you
Abcdefghijk123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
‘If you leave me now’ by Chicago. I suppose there is a reason why listening to it upsets me. For some reason I’ve associated the song with my kitten dying when I was six. To this day, I cannot listen to the song without welling up.
kodakid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abcdefghijk123)
‘If you leave me now’ by Chicago. I suppose there is a reason why listening to it upsets me. For some reason I’ve associated the song with my kitten dying when I was six. To this day, I cannot listen to the song without welling up.
Gosh, just listened to it and yeah, it's a sad song anyone but especially considering what you associate it with. My cat died when I was 8, so I understand the pain you went through. I remember waiting for my Mum to tell me that it was an elaborate joke. That's the strange thing with the Radiohead song I mentioned- there's nothing that I (knowingly) associated it with but still, it makes me feel very emotional...
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are some that make me emotional for reasons, but none that I can think of that make me emotional for no reason. There is usually always a reason for it.
kodakid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
There are some that make me emotional for reasons, but none that I can think of that make me emotional for no reason. There is usually always a reason for it.
Yes, I agree, there are many songs that make me emotional for reasons that I am fully aware of. But How I Made My Millions puzzles me, the only thing I can think of is the lyrics "I was stronger, I was better" and how those, in particular, make me emotional. I'm not too sure why though. And besides, the song has very few lyrics anyway so it's hard to pinpoint
todger911
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When I listen to SUMMER by BROCKHAMPTON I cry
YouAreAYute
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
drake - marvins room
ohhh my god
Abcdefghijk123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kodakid)
Gosh, just listened to it and yeah, it's a sad song anyone but especially considering what you associate it with. My cat died when I was 8, so I understand the pain you went through. I remember waiting for my Mum to tell me that it was an elaborate joke. That's the strange thing with the Radiohead song I mentioned- there's nothing that I (knowingly) associated it with but still, it makes me feel very emotional...
I think only a fellow pet owner could possibly understand the pain of losing a pet. I remember it not hitting me until the day after I was told. Songs can be incredibly powerful.
2spooky4u
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How to save a life - The Fray
K8e.H
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
‘Slipping through my fingers’ by Abba - honestly, five seconds of that song and I’m away.
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you raise me up by john barrowman- every time since i first heard it still no idea why
username3786078
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I second what Wilfred Little has said. I can't think of any particular song which has made me cry anyway, but if any song ever were to make me cry, there would most likely be a specific reason behind it.
Emma9620
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There there by radiohead- sometimes I just sit on my bed and cry watching the video, and every breath you take by The Police
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.01%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (145)
39.08%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.38%

Watched Threads