Turn on thread page Beta

How to get out of singing in front of the school watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Right so in Music we’re doing this thing called battle of the bands. Most people probably know what it is but I’ll just explain it. You create a band in your class name it, pick a song and cover. In my group we have a bassist, guitarist, pianist, drummer and two singers.. me and my friend.. but I really don’t want to do it.

It’s not that I can’t be bothered but I physically can’t. The only other time I’ve properly sang in front of people was in my music lesson and it was in front of my class. I have around 10 people in it and they’re all lovely but I still managed to mess up. I got really dizzy and started shaking and my heart was beating fast and I was seeing little patches of colours etc.
    And then I basically just started shaking and crying I think into the piano.. I have no idea what happened

The idea of having to sing almost 5 times as longer and with 200 more people is terrifying..

Do you think there’s a way of not doing it which doesn’t involve my parents?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Say that you have a sore throat and it could damage your vocal chords or just be honest, say that you got dizzy last time. See if you can play an instrument instead or possibly backing vocals. Don't worry if you mess up just pretend that it never happened or something. I play multiple instruments mainly guitar and I mess up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    When is the deadline? If it's still really far away you'll have lots of time to choose a song to practise. If you're willing to dedicate yourself, write your own song. Or at the very least, cover a song with different lyrics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    When is the deadline? If it's still really far away you'll have lots of time to choose a song to practise. If you're willing to dedicate yourself, write your own song. Or at the very least, cover a song with different lyrics.
    Next Wednesday.. we actually haven’t had much time to practise as a band so I don’t think that’s going to work but I have been practising the song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by behindthelense)
    Next Wednesday.. we actually haven’t had much time to practise as a band so I don’t think that’s going to work but I have been practising the song.
    That's good try to get as much rehearsal time as possible. You'll get used to what you're singing

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.