The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Not heard from St Andrews

Hi everyone. I applied to St Andrews for English literature and I still haven’t heard at all from them.

Is this a bad sign?
Original post by Blookie
Hi everyone. I applied to St Andrews for English literature and I still haven’t heard at all from them.

Is this a bad sign?

Nope they have till May to respond. Check out this forum.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
I wouldn't say so. Since I was rejected last week and a lot of people were also rejected in the same day (for many courses), I'd say not hearing back is a good sign. Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Blookie

Is this a bad sign?

I bloody hope it’s not, I’m also waiting for a reply for english!! 😭
Reply 4
Original post by tsteward
I bloody hope it’s not, I’m also waiting for a reply for english!! 😭

We need to keep each other updated oml
Reply 5
Original post by Blookie

lets do it!!
are you waiting for any other unis to get back to u? cause im still waiting on durham..
Reply 6
lets do it!!
are you waiting for any other unis to get back to u? cause im still waiting on durham..

I got an offer from Durham in December and I got an offer from Exeter in October. I’m now waiting on St. Andrews and Edinburgh. You?
Reply 7
woah congrats!! i also got an offer from exeter around october time and an offer from kent. st andrews and durham are my outstanding unis at the mo!
Reply 8
woah congrats!! i also got an offer from exeter around october time and an offer from kent. st andrews and durham are my outstanding unis at the mo!

I went to the offer holder open day for Durham and it was AWESOME
Reply 9
Original post by Blookie
I went to the offer holder open day for Durham and it was AWESOME

Oh man, I’m super jealous!!
Fingers crossed a reply (for us both) will come soon and it’ll make things much clearer and less stressful..
Heard people getting rejections because their course is full so not exactly confident on getting a positive decision
Don't worry, as a third year I can tell you that St Andrews is notorious for giving out decisions extremely late, sometimes past the deadline. I think I received my offer in later April, so while I know it's hard, try not to fret too much!
Original post by thomson521
Heard people getting rejections because their course is full so not exactly confident on getting a positive decision

hearsay? how reliable is your source...
I've had similar worries, considering I had an interview for International Relations back in February, was told I'd hear at the beginning of March, and still haven't heard anything back. I decided to give admissions a call a couple days ago, and was told that the strikes have affected things. They're supposedly going to be getting back on track with applications very soon, but the strikes have slowed the whole process down a lot, apparently. That's what I was told, anyway. Don't take it as a bad sign at all. It's just a matter of waiting now.

I hope this helps. I set up an account just to help answer this!

Good luck, though, and I hope you get a place! :smile:
Original post by Blookie

just heard a few days ago that my application to st andrews was unsuccessful. but best of luck to you (if you havent heard already) and i wish you all the best in the future!
Reply 15
just heard a few days ago that my application to st andrews was unsuccessful. but best of luck to you (if you havent heard already) and i wish you all the best in the future!

Just had the same news

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending