Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Achieved CCC in a levels didn't really try at the time and had other things going on which I regret now. Ended up attending a bog standard London uni which was really bad in my opinion. Decided I wanted to transfer at the end of year, I then just emailed loads of unis with my situation. Sheffield gave me a conditional offer which was to achieve 60% this year as my a levels are below standard. However the uni I currently attend is so s*** that assessments and teaching aren't taken seriously. I feel like leaving at this stage but believe I might not be accepted if I do.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by hamesrodriguez88)
    Achieved CCC in a levels didn't really try at the time and had other things going on which I regret now. Ended up attending a bog standard London uni which was really bad in my opinion. Decided I wanted to transfer at the end of year, I then just emailed loads of unis with my situation. Sheffield gave me a conditional offer which was to achieve 60% this year as my a levels are below standard. However the uni I currently attend is so s*** that assessments and teaching aren't taken seriously. I feel like leaving at this stage but believe I might not be accepted if I do.
    You've said you've emailed "loads" of unis, so you must realise from the replies you've been getting that you're not an amazing candidate. And if you drop out now, you're making yourself even less appealing.

ReputationRep:
    well if the conditions is to get 60% and you don't get 60% then no you won't be accepted

ReputationRep:
    I will add all unis I emailed (7) told me to submit an application and I obviously applied for 5 and received offers. 2 Unconditional and 3 conditional. However I am much more interested in studying at Sheffield.

(Original post by Juno)
    You've said you've emailed "loads" of unis, so you must realise from the replies you've been getting that you're not an amazing candidate. And if you drop out now, you're making yourself even less appealing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi! Firstly congrats on getting an offer! Sheffield is a great place to study and be What's the course you've got an offer for?
    Honestly, I'd just work as hard as you can to achieve 60%. Don't leave your current course now - as it's already been said in the thread then it'll only make it harder to get in to Sheffield, especially if the course you're wanting to do is the same as what you're currently studying. I know it might be a harder couple of months but just push through - hopefully the realisation that you'll get into a better uni is motivation enough? Hope this helps

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 8, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.