Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is the university like in terms of diversity, in light of recent events which took place in the north of England I'm a little skeptical and would not like to put my life in any jeopardy. Ratio of BME students. and general attitudes.

it doesn't matter, everyone is a human being, treat them that way and you'll be fine.

Besides between the two universities in Sheffield there are best part of 60000 students and sure there are plenty of whatever types floats your boat,

Well going by how much the university here promotes itself as diverse, I'd say it's probably one of the most diverse universities in the UK. Think it was in the top 50 for the world or something if that's anything to go on. To be honest most my friends here are pretty much either Asian or Eastern European as well. So I think you'd be fine here to be honest.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.