Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to get motivated for revising so I'm trying this.

I go to my school bus at like 7.30 and get back at like 5:30 (bus journey is an hour each way) so I don't have as much time in the evenings to revise as much as other people in my year and can't revise in the mornings.
    I used to think that writing out notes was revising but now I've realised that I need to put a bit more effort in because copying out the textbook isn't helping me learn...

I really want to be a vet so I am aiming for high GCSEs (not 9s tho) and want to take Biology, Chemistry and Psychology as my A levels.

ReputationRep:
    hunnnyyyy give yourself a break, you gonna burn out rq

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouAreAYute)
    hunnnyyyy give yourself a break, you gonna burn out rq
    hah I should have probably said this but I have like an hour sat on the bus to and from school (that's why I'm back so late) so thanks but don't worry I sleep on the bus x

ReputationRep:
    Did basically no revision yesterday but I had to do loads of homework so I'm counting that as work

Right now I have Physics in my timetable so I'm going to go through my equation flash cards and then look through my topics and pick one to focus on. Last night I read that if you read your notes just before going to sleep that you are more likely to remember them because you subconsciously think about them as you drift off so I started to read my biology text book (it was closest to my bed) last night but I can't tell if it's worked or not - I might try to do a 'retrieval' thing where you have to write down everything you know about a topic to see whether or not it helped.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  400B1F5D-2FAD-47F6-8279-C4213ACCD884.jpg.jpeg
Views: 21
Size:  29.2 KBName:  CF7B5A35-743C-42EB-A324-F047EC84CF34.jpg.jpeg
Views: 25
Size:  28.2 KBName:  53D7179A-B5BE-4C49-8CED-AB42E410B703.jpg.jpeg
Views: 23
Size:  31.7 KBName:  66D3F671-4B8C-431D-A059-CB53DA586959.jpg.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  32.8 KB
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I know it seems like it now, but your GCSE results don't define your future. It's great that you want to be a vet, but just focus on the subjects you need and then make sure you pass everything else. Don't kill yourself with revision, a pass is a pass and nobody looks past that. Best of luck!!

ReputationRep:
    a tip i learned in AS year, use your notes to help you answer exam questions. If you cant answer one, add the relevant info from the mark scheme into your notes and keep doing this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mishalikestea)
    I know it seems like it now, but your GCSE results don't define your future. It's great that you want to be a vet, but just focus on the subjects you need and then make sure you pass everything else. Don't kill yourself with revision, a pass is a pass and nobody looks past that. Best of luck!!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yipyipee)
    a tip i learned in AS year, use your notes to help you answer exam questions. If you cant answer one, add the relevant info from the mark scheme into your notes and keep doing this.
    Thank you I will definitely try this!!

ReputationRep:
    I spend a lot of time on the bus too, see if you can find any revision podcasts to listen to on the bus. It is better than nothing and more effective if you're an audio learner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iz.vet)
    Thank you I will definitely try this!!
    good luck with your gcses btw!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm.25)
    I spend a lot of time on the bus too, see if you can find any revision podcasts to listen to on the bus. It is better than nothing and more effective if you're an audio learner
    Thank you! I’ve downloaded an app called gcse pod so hopefully I’ll be able to get some revision done on the bus!

ReputationRep:
    Decided I'm going to start this properly now, I hadn't put much effort in but I'm desperate for more ways to motivate myself to revise so will try this again.
    Because I live on a farm and its both lambing and calving season (and I'm very much involved with the farming) I haven't had as much spare time as I would have liked to revise; I've been doing about 2 hours a day which is nowhere near as much as I want to do but I've just been so busy lambing...

I'm hoping that now I am in my second week of Easter break I will be able to crack on and get some more work done, today I remade my study planner - I use the one on GetRevising and its good but it creates a very intense schedule :/
    This morning I did some revision on An Inspector Calls just by watching some videos about character analysis but other than that I haven't been able to get much done. I'm about to start some physics now.

ReputationRep:
    Decided I'm going to start this properly now, I hadn't put much effort in but I'm desperate for more ways to motivate myself to revise so will try this again.
    Because I live on a farm and its both lambing and calving season (and I'm very much involved with the farming) I haven't had as much spare time as I would have liked to revise; I've been doing about 2 hours a day which is nowhere near as much as I want to do but I've just been so busy lambing...

I'm hoping that now I am in my second week of Easter break I will be able to crack on and get some more work done, today I remade my study planner - I use the one on GetRevising and its good but it creates a very intense schedule :/
    This morning I did some revision on An Inspector Calls just by watching some videos about character analysis but other than that I haven't been able to get much done. I'm about to start some physics now.
    please do update us! good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    According to the forest app I did 150 mins of revision today - I did a bit more but didn’t time it.

A slight lambing problem today - one miscarried the first twin (very premature) and then the second twin was born revived so spent all afternoon and evening helping it so couldn’t do any revision this afternoon 😬

Did a practise physics test (only a short one) and got 78% but it was only a single topic test
    Then did a drama essay as exam practise
    Finally finished up with some reading of the text book - I feel like my note taking isn’t effective revision
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Finally finished up with some reading of the text book - I feel like my note taking isn’t effective revision
    I think it really all depends, like most of these things unfortunately there isn't one right answer. I always found note taking incredibly useful, otherwise I would catch myself just staring at the pages without taking anything down.

If you don't feel like its working for you though, find another way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Homer)
    I think it really all depends, like most of these things unfortunately there isn't one right answer. I always found note taking incredibly useful, otherwise I would catch myself just staring at the pages without taking anything down.

If you don't feel like its working for you though, find another way!
    Yeah I used to write out notes from the revision guide but now ive started to feel that it’s better for me to just read it and then do quizzes and stuff, thanks tho

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.