Turn on thread page Beta

Most stupid telling-off at school? watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, today I was told off for laughing during my lunch hour at a joke which someone made about someone else, they have friendly banter. Ik I shouldn’t of done but everyone laughs at the stuff he says because he’s like that and he doesn’t care if I laugh at him cuz he’s chill. Someone reported me,let’s point out the boy got away who said the jokes, Then I was sent to the behaviour centre and given 2 red dots (which go on ur record and are sent to parents) and also demanded to spend my break time tomorrow with them. I did apologise but no they don’t listen. my schools full of teachers who can’t discipline those who need it but go over the top on the little issues.

Tell me your bizarre/stupid tellings off at school 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well it probably isn't stupid but it's a story: my teacher was being super grumpy and snappy with me so I said ''you seem really pissed off with me for some reason'' and the next thing I knew she had told the head teacher and he had to talk to me. Pretty sure he was on my side though, or at least neutral.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libbyfirmstone)
    Basically, today I was told off for laughing during my lunch hour at a joke which someone made about someone else, they have friendly banter. Ik I shouldn’t of done but everyone laughs at the stuff he says because he’s like that and he doesn’t care if I laugh at him cuz he’s chill. Someone reported me,let’s point out the boy got away who said the jokes, Then I was sent to the behaviour centre and given 2 red dots (which go on ur record and are sent to parents) and also demanded to spend my break time tomorrow with them. I did apologise but no they don’t listen. my schools full of teachers who can’t discipline those who need it but go over the top on the little issues.

Tell me your bizarre/stupid tellings off at school 😂
    In primary I accidentally blurted out the answer to 12 x 7 and this old lady teacher snapped my pencil in half...

ReputationRep:
    I got told offfor laughing too, but it wasn’t that extreme. Just got moved into a different classroom - long story short, got put into that teacher’s english class for the last two years of high school and we were on good terms😂😂😂 stil lannoyed at her for removing me for laughing at a joke in the last 5 minutes of the lesson - she was laughing too smh.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't a telling off per se, but was excluded for refusing to apologise for something I didn't do. Also for the last 3 months of secondary, I was removed from my Maths class for being an obstinate 15 year old...

ReputationRep:
    Looking out of the window during lunch whilst in the middle of giving thanks to Jesus. Got detention and everything #badcatholic
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    teacher made me stand up for sneezing in lesson.

ReputationRep:
    I was always titting about, so I usually deserved by *******ings haha.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I accidently cut a guy’s finger off with scissors. Didn’t get in trouble but the teacher nearly fainted and the guy had surgery. I felt really bad.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher called home because I said her new trousers looked nice 🤷🏻*♀️

ReputationRep:
    got told off for walking over to have a drink from my water bottle in year 4. then i had a mental breakdown and got even more told off.

will never live that one down 😦

ReputationRep:
    Made to stand outside because "my face was too expressive" for my French Teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeenRose29)
    My teacher called home because I said her new trousers looked nice 🤷🏻*♀️
    Maybe she thought you were being sarcastic

ReputationRep:
    I got a detention for not handing in work to a teacher when she was off sick and the detention was super weird: she made me and the others in detention pick up every bit of litter in her classroom- during a lesson •_• I think maybe she still wasn't feeling well...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Was in year 4, a kid asked me if I wanted to play at lunch. I said no thanks and went off outside. Next thing I'm being called in because I made him cry

ReputationRep:
    I got a detention for completing only half my homework and someone didn't do it and got away with it, and this was my first time I missed homework

someone got 2 sides of lines and a red comment (a bad mark on your record) for breaking his arm on a snow day
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I was in year 10 and we had done a mock exam, and it had been a while and we hadn't got them back yet. Our teacher was off on compassionate leave (but we didn't know this - we just got told she was not in day after day, no reason why), so I asked our substitute teacher (another English teacher, really mean and rude person) really politely if she knew when we would get them back. I wasn't nagging, just curiosity. She proceeded to properly yell at me, telling me how rude and selfish I was, not thinking about anyone else, and how hard it's been for my usual teacher, that I'm a disgusting person for being so selfish. It was really harsh, when all I asked was if she knew roughly when we would get them back.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Someone in my French class made a weird squeaking noise with their shoes, and the teacher insisted that we weren't allowed to leave the classroom for break until someone owned up to it. For some reason, everyone seemed to think it was me that did it (it wasn't, but I was an easy target for bullying). After about 5 minutes of awkward silence with several people staring daggers at me, I admitted to doing it as I figured whatever punishment was coming from the teacher would be preferable. He let everyone else go, just said something along the lines of 'don't do it again', and then let me leave as well.

Still annoys me to this day. :shakecane:

ReputationRep:
    I got a discredit for get this "smiling and enjoying the lesson" well excuse me for liking the subject you trained to teach.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I was told off for using the stairs and I had to write a pledge

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.