Turn on thread page Beta

Most stupid telling-off at school? watch

Was at college not school, but I'm sure it'll still count.

I did an ND in Computing between ages 17-19, and one of the first-year modules was about systems. One specific class had us fdisk a test computer and install MS-DOS onto it, so we would understand how partitions and and MBRs work. I did mine immediately without waiting for an explanation; I know that stuff inside out as i've been doing it since I was a child.

The tutor saw this and ejected me from the room, on the grounds that I had a bad attitude. When he came outside to tell me off, I cut him off and told him that I knew his subject at least as well as he did, and if he wanted me to be quiet he had better just let me go through the motions of doing the classwork, otherwise I would either not turn up or else just fanny about in his classes.

He got off my case and I did all the work, learning nothing I didn't already know. The following year, he left.

ReputationRep:
    I knew someone got a detention for yawning and another person getting a detention on the first day she came.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I once rolled my eyes at a teacher during a show and tell I was giving, due to her constantly interrupting me. She told me to stop and commanded me to sit back down. To be honest, I don't really regret my response, I hated that teacher.

ReputationRep:
    In primary school I got told off for leaving an asthma inhaler in my PE bag instead of handing it in to the office (the office had my spare one anyway).

Funny thing is, the teacher only found out that it was there because she thought it was ok to tell a kid from another class who forgot their PE kit to borrow one from our class (i.e. just go pick one out without asking the people they belong to)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehru1214)
    In primary I accidentally blurted out the answer to 12 x 7 and this old lady teacher snapped my pencil in half...
    U actually made me laugh out loud😂😂😂
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    It must have happened, but I cant remember ever being told off..... I got detention/ extra work three times, but two of those were where the whole class were punished.

ReputationRep:
    This is one of those things where you are usually really nice and doing something nice. They don't say thanks for being nice or anything but as soon as you stop being nice instantly they notice and do something about it. Like when I always used to say thank you when teachers handed out papers but once I did not since I was really tired from the P.E lesson and she noticed and made a big deal out of it. Like come on you are paid to teach, if that includes handing out work then you should not need recognition for it. If I worked as a teacher I would not mind if they did not say anything.

ReputationRep:
    I had a trainee maths teacher in year 9 who told me off for asking for help. I basically asked how to do something and she did the generic teacher thing "how do you think you do it" and I told her I didn't know cause I legit had no idea and she yelled at me saying I needed to calm my attitude and she would not tolerate this behaviour...she never did help me out 😂

Also last year in year 12 my substitute RS teacher told two girls behind me off for smiling because she knew we were "mocking her" and they pointed out she didn't tell anyone else off, even those talking. She then started crying and yelling at all of us that the class was plotting against her and we were being unfair and purposefully hostile to try and ruin her job. It was definitely the most surreal lesson I've ever had!

ReputationRep:
    Got hauled into the dept head's office and screamed at for making a website hurling abuse at some of the teachers in the school.

I didn't even make the website :confused:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Got yelled at by my bio teacher for being on my phone when in reality i was just holding a small piece of paper and i didnt even own a phone at that point lol

ReputationRep:
    in year 4, my ruler was on my table... with (I don't know why I remember the exact measurement) 0.6 cm that was hanging off the side of the desk. my teacher then shouted at me, told my parents that i was being 'disruptive' and made me stay behind at break...
    that is the only time i have ever been told off (im in year 11 now). i never even speak in class or anything and never have done anything wrong in class.

ReputationRep:
    In year 2 I drew a sideview of an elephant with 2 legs instead of 4 and got held back during lunch to redraw it

ReputationRep:
    I got told off for saying for accidentally calling a female teacher sir

ReputationRep:
    Not getting my contact book signed by my parents to say seen my homework even though it was blank and we use an online homework system instead.
    Also my friend and most of the class got detention for starting the language hwk during class (by which i mean literally writing 1 word) even though the teacher only told them it was homework after she'd explained it so they all thought it was classwork they needed to start.
    For chucking a cookie at a yr 7 when it wasn't even me. Teacher asked me to explain what had happened 'over there' and I said I 'What?' because i turned around and didn't realise I was being talked to then got yelled at.
    Saying 'pardon' instead of 'Sorry what did you say'.
    Someone in form got told off for having ankle socks in winte instead of knee high socks because 'they'd get cold'

ReputationRep:
    I got told off for smiling in lesson, literally 2 days ago. I’m in year 12

ReputationRep:
    I got a detention once because they got my name and some other students name mixed up. I got moaned at because I had a guitar with me and it wasn't like it was doing any harm neither was it disturbing any one. It was also lunch time and it wasn't like there was any lessons on apart from the maths club (I was also nowhere near the class room). I also got moaned at when I was waiting for my teacher to come back to finish an exam.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    In History. Substitute teacher. She was late but we'd been given a task to do by previous sub who wrote it on the board. We're cutting and sticking stuff whilst chatting. Pretty casual. Sub comes in and goes crazy because we were so loud. As we're being shushed I point to the bin so the guy next to me can put his rubbish there and he quietly says thanks.. YOU TWO GET OUT THIS INSTANCE! First time I was ever sent out a classroom and all I did was tell someone where the bin was :emo: Thankfully the deputy head was in the corridor, came straight over and asked us why. I explained and he knew I wouldn't lie. Promptly back in class.

ReputationRep:
    at my old school someone got put into ISOLATION for sticking up a4 sheets of someone's face around the school (they found it funny)

ReputationRep:
    I got told off in primary school for having a tenner in my pocket and the teacher asked me to give it to her so she could 'keep it safe'. Worst part was that i actually thought i was in the wrong for having it -.-

ReputationRep:
    Told off in maths for doing some A-Level Further Maths while we were supposed to do GCSE Maths. I had already done the work.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.