This discussion is closed.
Stewpid
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
That is what they did. The next safe country from Libya is Italy.
No it isn't around half of Tunisia is safe to travel to according to the home office so they should be taken to Tunisia not Palermo of Lesbos. NGO's have indirectly collaborated with ISIS to get Libyan s into Europe despite there being no war. ISIS offer them 1,000 Which they then use to pay the people smugglers when the NGO's take them to the wrong place. We have international law for a reason

https://www.newsweek.co.uk/libya-sla...e-jihad-534714
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Stewpid)
No it isn't around half of Tunisia is safe to travel to according to the home office so they should be taken to Tunisia not Palermo of Lesbos. NGO's have indirectly collaborated with ISIS to get Libyan s into Europe despite there being no war. ISIS offer them 1,000 Which they then use to pay the people smugglers when the NGO's take them to the wrong place. We have international law for a reason

Tunisia was given the all clear by the Foreign Office in December. Before then, there was a no travel guidance for many years after the terrorist attack. You don't seem to know what you are talking about.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow, it is incredible how you have cunningly tried to divert attention to people smugglers. Before you were on about how refugees should go to the next safe country, how a majority of the people were not refugees, but migrants, then how international NGOs were helping migrants by providing a taxi service.

Yet, what you have provided was an article on people smuggling which was not even part of the main argument or debate.

Two, your article ruthlessly focuses on the West African migrant crisis which is completely different from the refugee argument and not even accounts for 10% of the total problem. Even your article confirms that.

The current birth rate as of 2015 is 1.8 children per woman, but dropped over the decades due to lifestyle changes. You should read your own article properly before copying and pasting them on here to defend your points.

Although there has been a demographic shift in the groups of women having children (from 20s to early 30s/40s), the overall number of women giving birth is on the rise. Please read the entirety of the report.

I don’t think you are attacking me. I have seen some of your posts and you are quick to have an anti-Islam or anti-migration comment.

I have used facts to present my points, which you have not rejected. When presented with a fact, you either bat it away by making another point or you try to provide a counter-argument by using my same evidence or evidence that you have not properly read.

Whatever your reasons, i think you should have a more open mind.
Wow!

What is the point in even talking to you if you won’t admit when you are wrong both links prove exactly what I said.

You can’t even do basic maths, it’s embarrassing
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Stewpid)

Seriously what’s the point with this guy, your common sense and evidence mean nothing
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by paul514)
Wow!

What is the point in even talking to you if you won’t admit when you are wrong both links prove exactly what I said.

You can’t even do basic maths, it’s embarrassing
Ok
lionkai10
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They are hiding in rural US, East Europe, rural Australia and all those places where people teach their children that black people come from the devil and asians are aliens. Where it is okay to marry first cousins and domestic violence was sanctioned in their holy book.
I have never heard of these groups... How many black and asian people have they killed and where in the bible does it quote anything about asians being aliens? These people claim to be christians, but a true christian is someone who follows Christ and his actions. Jesus already says that in Matthew 7:21-23 "“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’"
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lionkai10)
I have never heard of these groups... How many black and asian people have they killed and where in the bible does it quote anything about asians being aliens? These people claim to be christians, but a true christian is someone who follows Christ and his actions. Jesus already says that in Matthew 7:21-23 "“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’"
That is the same argument that Muslims have about crazy people claiming to be Muslim. Not all are real muslims like not all are real christians.

Have you heard about the KKK? That is just one example of the christian extremism group. We also have Pegida in Europe.
username2080673
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/04/...ple-smugglers/

Investigation by italian prosecutors and accusations by the EU boarder agency frontex - Again you are proven wrong.
The report led to an investigation and it was later deemed that there was no wrongdoing. The NGOs aren't helping the smugglers.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Conceited)
The report led to an investigation and it was later deemed that there was no wrongdoing. The NGOs aren't helping the smugglers.
Your link was to stuff about Palestinians
username2080673
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your link was to stuff about Palestinians
Yeah, not quite sure why. I've sorted it now
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Conceited)
Thanks for fixing the link, no wrongdoing yet as he doesn’t have the resources to investigate it properly and let’s not forget there is also Frontex making similar allegations.
Lit teacher
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Davij038)

Most refugees are also from areas such as Pakistan, Iran etc which have no history of British entanglement
!!! - and you tell others to be better informed!
Pakistan was part of the British colony of India for more than 300 years, suffering a series of military campaigns. Tens of thousands of soldiers from modern-day Pakistan fought for the British in the two World Wars. It became independent in 1947 when the British partitioned India and remains part of the Commonwealth.
Britain occupied much of Iran in WW1 and then supported a coup in 1921 which overthrew its leader. Britain invaded again in WW2 and forced out the shah. In 1953 Iran's popular and successful ruler was overthrown in a coup jointly organised by the British and American governments because he nationalised oil production.
There is very much British entanglement.

A lot of the refugees from both countries are Christians, fleeing persecution.
Lit teacher
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
More people have been killed in one Islamist attack than all of the ones you mentioned added together by those supposed right wingers.
'Supposed' right wingers???
Like the London Bridge attackers were 'supposed' Islamists.

I'm not saying that all right-wingers are terrorists, but you've got to admit that there is a problem with right-wing hate-preachers radicalising young men online and encouraging them to commit attacks. And where are the right-wing community condemning violence when these attacks happen?

Many of the right-wing beliefs are medieval. Hatred of other religions. Opposition to homosexuality. Holocaust denial. Opposition to women's rights. Their leaders, such as Stephen Yaxley-Lennon or Paul Golding are often criminals but the PC brigade in this country still insist that their voices should be heard in the streets and on TV.

I don't mind a few right-wing migrants, but if they come to our country they should follow our laws and traditions. They need to live by our rules, not try to import the hatred and intolerance from their own countries, like America. Other countries have allowed right-wingers to flourish in some misguided belief that everyone can live together, and it's ended up with situations like Norway where a right-wing terrorist murdered 77 innocent victims.
Sometimes I want to remind these right-wingers that tens of thousands of Muslim soldiers fought and died in two world wars, so that they have the freedom to live in our country. They need to try to fit in more.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lit teacher)

I'm not saying that all right-wingers are terrorists, but you've got to admit that there is a problem with right-wing hate-preachers radicalising young men online and encouraging them to commit attacks. And where are the right-wing community condemning violence when these attacks happen?

Many of the right-wing beliefs are medieval. Hatred of other religions. Opposition to homosexuality. Holocaust denial. Opposition to women's rights. Their leaders, such as Stephen Yaxley-Lennon or Paul Golding are often criminals but the PC brigade in this country still insist that their voices should be heard in the streets and on TV.

I don't mind a few right-wing migrants, but if they come to our country they should follow our laws and traditions. They need to live by our rules, not try to import the hatred and intolerance from their own countries, like America. Other countries have allowed right-wingers to flourish in some misguided belief that everyone can live together, and it's ended up with situations like Norway where a right-wing terrorist murdered 77 innocent victims.
Sometimes I want to remind these right-wingers that tens of thousands of Muslim soldiers fought and died in two world wars, so that they have the freedom to live in our country. They need to try to fit in more.
That just looked like a wall of text to me.

Anyone who compares yes supposed right wing attacks on people to the problem of Islamic terrorism is an idiot one can compare the attacks. A man who killed one person in London and one that killed one MP vs all the Islamist attacks of the last ten years.

It’s a joke

The stuff you made out people on the right believe is also a joke.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
!!! - and you tell others to be better informed!
Pakistan was part of the British colony of India for more than 300 years, suffering a series of military campaigns. Tens of thousands of soldiers from modern-day Pakistan fought for the British in the two World Wars. It became independent in 1947 when the British partitioned India and remains part of the Commonwealth.
Britain occupied much of Iran in WW1 and then supported a coup in 1921 which overthrew its leader. Britain invaded again in WW2 and forced out the shah. In 1953 Iran's popular and successful ruler was overthrown in a coup jointly organised by the British and American governments because he nationalised oil production.
There is very much British entanglement.
So what? We gave them independence and now they want to be under British rule again? Nah.

Iran is a more or less civilised country.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sure.

But looks sat the numbers- the far right have killed maybe a handful of people in the last decade. The Islamists who are part of a very small minority have killed ten tunes as much. Anyone who think the two are comparable threats are lying or wrong.

Please show me a right wing outlet not condemning the murder of Jo Cox et al?

If that was the case (which it isn’t) then they are clearly no way near as effective as the Islamists.

Many of the right-wing beliefs are medieval. Hatred of other religions. Opposition to homosexuality. Holocaust denial. Opposition to women's rights.
The anti Jew stuff seems to be coming more from the left these days.

Sometimes I think medieval times are far more enlightened than our own. They didn’t think that killing babies or sticking stuff up your bottom were the bedrock of human liberty for one.

Their leaders, such as Stephen Yaxley-Lennon or Paul Golding are often criminals but the PC brigade in this country still insist that their voices should be heard in the streets and on TV.
Really? A free citizen shouldn’t be able to speak in the street? And apparently I’m medieval! I don’t remember the PC brigade being upset when they were banned from twitter and YouTube, quite the opppdite actually.

I don't mind a few right-wing migrants, but if they come to our country they should follow our laws and traditions. They need to live by our rules, not try to import the hatred and intolerance from their own countries, like America.
😂😂😂

Other countries have allowed right-wingers to flourish in some misguided belief that everyone can live together, and it's ended up with situations like Norway where a right-wing terrorist murdered 77 innocent victims.
Again. ONE person!

Why should I care that we paid mercenaries yo fight wars we shouldn’t have gotten involved in?
username2080673
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for fixing the link, no wrongdoing yet as he doesn’t have the resources to investigate it properly and let’s not forget there is also Frontex making similar allegations.
Part of the information collected from that investigation was from Frontex itself. But, fine. Here's a report from Goldsmiths that concludes:

"... ...Today, NGOs are under attack, wrongly accused of ‘colluding with smugglers’... ..."
Lit teacher
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That just looked like a wall of text to me...
an idiot ...It’s a joke
You're experiencing what is known as cognitive dissonance. When Britain's leading anti-terrorist police chief confirms that right-wing extremism now poses a terrorist threat comparable to Islamist attacks, and all you can say is that you don't understand, I'm an idiot and the truth is a 'joke'.
I admit it must be hard for you, but if the best defence you've got is that right-wing terrorists have been less successful than Islamists when comparing body counts that doesn't count for much. I'll leave a more detailed list of right-wing terrorist acts to the response below.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're experiencing what is known as cognitive dissonance. When Britain's leading anti-terrorist police chief confirms that right-wing extremism now poses a terrorist threat comparable to Islamist attacks, and all you can say is that you don't understand, I'm an idiot and the truth is a 'joke'.
I admit it must be hard for you, but if the best defence you've got is that right-wing terrorists have been less successful than Islamists when comparing body counts that doesn't count for much. I'll leave a more detailed list of right-wing terrorist acts to the response below.
No, in terms of ANY measurement you can’t compare Islamic terrorism to right wing ‘terrorists’.
ironmanwilldie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, in terms of ANY measurement you can’t compare Islamic terrorism to right wing ‘terrorists’.
Not sure who to trust, our intelligence service that has made it clear right wing terrorists are a major threat to this country or Paul on TSR.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (112)
17.75%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.26%
Not great so far... (225)
35.66%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.33%

Watched Threads