Met Police PC Day 1 -- DIFFERENT?? Watch

Agata
Badges: 19
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Guys!!

Just wondering if anybody has recently (or is due to) complete a Day 1 assessment for MET Police? I have one in April and the structure in the e-mail is completely different from the standard ones before that my friends have does (in the last six months) and even include a virtual reality exercise...

Any ideas?
yoyo241
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ahh I don't know if you got lucky or unlucky on this one but i did my day 1 last week and we were apparently the last batch to do it the old way. Now i was told that they're introducing this new one where you do it with VR which is cool but no idea whether it'll be more difficult or not as its brand new. Best of luck
Agata
Badges: 19
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Rub it in, I’m actually terrified 😂 yeah you do a VR thing with a colleague..

(Original post by yoyo241)
ahh I don't know if you got lucky or unlucky on this one but i did my day 1 last week and we were apparently the last batch to do it the old way. Now i was told that they're introducing this new one where you do it with VR which is cool but no idea whether it'll be more difficult or not as its brand new. Best of luck
username4178878
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi all, how did your day 1 go? Have mine soon. Heard about there being changes. Really annoying successfully completed a day 1 a few years back but declined the joining offer.

What’s the new layout?

Thanks In advance

Lucy
paulbvb
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi Agata,I know it's a year later, but I am about to have my interview in 2 weeks and was wondering if you could help me with some information as to how it was last year. Would greatly appreciate it!Thanks!
zowmartin
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I've recently just passed my Day One assessment centre. The best advice is to just be yourself and relax! It's a lot better than the old assessment day structure and the role plays and VR are good fun! Good luck xx
laurttt
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by zowmartin)
I've recently just passed my Day One assessment centre. The best advice is to just be yourself and relax! It's a lot better than the old assessment day structure and the role plays and VR are good fun! Good luck xx
if you dont mind me asking, when did you take your assessment? how long did it take for you to hear back? congrats!- also what is your next step, is it a verbal and math test or day 2?
Sophia9611
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I've recently just passed my Day One assessment centre. The best advice is to just be yourself and relax! It's a lot better than the old assessment day structure and
the role plays and VR are good fun! Good luck xx
Hey, just wondering when your day one was and how long it took you to hear back. I’m still waiting on my results after almost 5 weeks!
MaxKYS
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I recently did my Day One and i'm waiting for my result, how long did it take you to get your result? Also i'm worried about the role plays, did you all come to a final solution in both of the role plays? I don't think 10 minutes is enough to deal with the issues they had.

(Original post by Sophia9611)
Hey, just wondering when your day one was and how long it took you to hear back. I’m still waiting on my results after almost 5 weeks!
I think they said results come back in 1-3 weeks, so you might want to phone up and ask.
laurttt
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm also in my fifth week of waiting - let me know if you hear! I was told it would take around 4 weeks ish so still time
Sophia9611
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MaxKYS)
I recently did my Day One and i'm waiting for my result, how long did it take you to get your result? Also i'm worried about the role plays, did you all come to a final solution in both of the role plays? I don't think 10 minutes is enough to deal with the issues they had.

I think they said results come back in 1-3 weeks, so you might want to phone up and ask.
I only came to a solution for one of the role plays and not the other one but I still haven’t had my results back so can’t tell you how necessary that was! I agree 10 minutes is such a small amount of time to get to the root causes of problems...

I called up and apparently the recruiters haven’t received all of the results from that week of assessments yet but should be sent by the end of this week! (So be prepared it may take up to 5 weeks for results)
Sophia9611
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by laurttt)
I'm also in my fifth week of waiting - let me know if you hear! I was told it would take around 4 weeks ish so still time
I called up and apparently they are still waiting on a back log of results from that week but they should all be sent in the next couple of days if you haven’t heard back already!
Husetic1984
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by paulbvb)
Hi Agata,I know it's a year later, but I am about to have my interview in 2 weeks and was wondering if you could help me with some information as to how it was last year. Would greatly appreciate it!Thanks!
Paulbvb,

What type of Interview are you having or referring to here?
Is it for a New Police Constable? My understanding is that there is No Final In-Force Interview with the Met Police? Which Force are you joining?

Thanks
MaxKYS
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Husetic1984)
Paulbvb,

What type of Interview are you having or referring to here?
Is it for a New Police Constable? My understanding is that there is No Final In-Force Interview with the Met Police? Which Force are you joining?

Thanks
I think they mean the interview at the assessment.
Husetic1984
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You’re probably right !!!
I think they mean the interview at the assessment.
laurttt
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Okay, thanks for letting me know!
I called up and apparently they are still waiting on a back log of results from that week but they should all be sent in the next couple of days if you haven’t heard back already!
Dom1826
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi all,I am going to be applying for a position as a Police Constable with the met very soon, I was just wondering what information anyone could give me in advance. and also some clarification as I read there is apparently no formal interview with the met police?Thanks in advance
MaxKYS
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Dom1826)
Hi all,I am going to be applying for a position as a Police Constable with the met very soon, I was just wondering what information anyone could give me in advance. and also some clarification as I read there is apparently no formal interview with the met police?Thanks in advance
There is an interview. Once you apply they send you a pack with all the info you need.
Husetic1984
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Are you talking about the Interview on One Day Assessment?
There is an interview. Once you apply they send you a pack with all the info you need.
MaxKYS
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Husetic1984)
Are you talking about the Interview on One Day Assessment?
Yes, there is an interview within the day one assessment. Although there is no final interview as some forces have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (1172)
54.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (467)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.38%

Watched Threads