Turn on thread page Beta

There’s a guy in my class and we’ve known each other for a couple of years (not really as friends tbh) and I really like him and want him to ask me out. I know most people will say ‘talk to him’ and stuff but what should I actually say/do?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    ’want HIM to ask ME out’

I hope no one gives you advice tbh, you don’t deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him out yourself? 😂

(Original post by Optimistic_Panda)
    Ask him out yourself? 😂
    (Original post by Thomazo)
    ’want HIM to ask ME out’

I hope no one gives you advice tbh, you don’t deserve it.
    I suffer from social anxiety and wondering if there was any way to actually talk to him. That’s what this thread was asking

ReputationRep:
    There are lots of different conversation starting gambits.

Talk about what you're doing at the time.

Ask an open ended question about him.

Ask the sort of question you'd normally put into Google.

The Mystic Meg approach. EG, ask for a sample of his handwriting so you can analyse it. Or ask to read his palm.

The tell him a short 1 minute story approach. Preferably something funny, triggered by the situation you are in.

The indirect approach. Talk to his group when he's in a group and then focus on him as the conversation develops.

Agony aunt question. Ask for his advice on a problem a friend's having.

Ask for his advice on how you can approach a guy who seems interesting. Then walk around the corner, then straight back to him and try his advice on him with a half smile on your face.

Camera fun. Take a camera / phone to school. Tell everyone you've got a friend who's at another school who is thinking of transferring to your school. And you said you'd take some photos to show what it's like. So you want everyone to pose like they're having a really great or really crap time (depending on your school). And go around taking lots of photos with everyone, including this boy.

Ironic approach. Talk about the weather. Then tell him your great aunt told you that talking about the weather was a good conversation starter, but you think it sucks...

Once you've started a conversation, keep it going, but not too artificially long.
    Start a conversation with him next time you see him. And the next and so on. You will naturally get to the stage where you can invite him to come along to a group activity you do outside of school.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.