Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    I'm 18. I failed all of my GCSEs, the grades are all below C/4, I have 1 D, E, F and the rest are Us. I did complete functional skills at entry level 3 English, maths and entry level 3 animal care. I am doing level 1 functional skills English and maths now.

    I found a few courses I would like to do, it's pre access for 1 year to get GCSEs English and maths at grade C/4 or 5, access course in animal management for 1 year, a degree for 2 years then maybe an extra year after the 2 year, but the extra year is a choice. I will be 19 in November so by the time I started pre access I'll still be 18 so age isn't bothering me it's bothering me that I currently have no decent qualifications right now.*

    I failed GCSEs due to severe anxiety, depression, I rarely went to school due to these problems and anaemia, I was also having trouble with some people and getting bullied during GCSEs so everything was against me at the time, I also wasn't well in college so couldn't progress on to level 1 animal care after entry level 3 but now my mental health is no where near as bad which is why I went back to college but a different one and I'm doing level 1 functional skills. In year 9 despite my attendance being low I was getting D's and E's which were really good considering I wasn't in a lot, I could've got Cs if I was okay but I wasn't.*

    Anyway I just need advice on the situation and the fact that the degrees want you to have Cs in science, I have an E, do I try and retake the science as well as English and maths and speak to the college about it?

    The degrees are Foundation Science Degree - Zoological Management*
    BSc Hons Zoological Management and Conservation


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.