Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So back in November, I met this guy online. At first, things went amazing. We talked for hours every day and loved getting into Skype calls. After around a month we both admitted that we had fallen in love with each other. I felt higher than the moon. However, ever since the end of January, things started to go downhill. He never wanted to call as much, wouldn't be as warm as he originally was and started getting distant. Things really weren't going great. I managed to turn it around for a short while though (around mid-February) so decided it was time to take the plunge and ask him to be my boyfriend. He needed to take time to make a decision as the distance would be hard on him he said. He ended up saying that he just couldn't do it. I was kinda angry as I felt like he had led me on. I went cold on him and ever since we've had 2 calls wherein one of them he admitted that he had started to lose attraction. This felt like a kick in the teeth. This last Thursday he said to me out of the blue that we needed to call. We arranged to call on the Saturday. He then later told me that he regretted saying he lost attraction as he hasn't, he just felt overwhelmed at the time. This felt good, like I had a chance to repair our issues. However, when it got to the time to call he completely ignored me. This confused me. When I questioned it the day after, he said it was because he was getting ready to go to prom (with a very attractive girl from his area!). He then said that he really wanted to call later. When it came to it later in the day he started making excuses again. By this point, I was confused out of my mind. I told him to stop ********ting and he was giving me these weird responses. This is where I am now. Does anyone have any idea what might be going through his mind and what I might be able to do to get him back? Thank you. x
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ayuplads)
    So back in November, I met this guy online. At first, things went amazing. We talked for hours every day and loved getting into Skype calls. After around a month we both admitted that we had fallen in love with each other. I felt higher than the moon. However, ever since the end of January, things started to go downhill. He never wanted to call as much, wouldn't be as warm as he originally was and started getting distant. Things really weren't going great. I managed to turn it around for a short while though (around mid-February) so decided it was time to take the plunge and ask him to be my boyfriend. He needed to take time to make a decision as the distance would be hard on him he said. He ended up saying that he just couldn't do it. I was kinda angry as I felt like he had led me on. I went cold on him and ever since we've had 2 calls wherein one of them he admitted that he had started to lose attraction. This felt like a kick in the teeth. This last Thursday he said to me out of the blue that we needed to call. We arranged to call on the Saturday. He then later told me that he regretted saying he lost attraction as he hasn't, he just felt overwhelmed at the time. This felt good, like I had a chance to repair our issues. However, when it got to the time to call he completely ignored me. This confused me. When I questioned it the day after, he said it was because he was getting ready to go to prom (with a very attractive girl from his area!). He then said that he really wanted to call later. When it came to it later in the day he started making excuses again. By this point, I was confused out of my mind. I told him to stop ********ting and he was giving me these weird responses. This is where I am now. Does anyone have any idea what might be going through his mind and what I might be able to do to get him back? Thank you. x
    It's likely he did lose attraction over you and that he did get some back, but I suspect that this other girl may have influenced his decision. It doesn't sound like it's going anywhere tbh. If he's being distant and you've kept trying to talk to him, the best thing to do is to let him do the chasing and step back. If he's not willing to communicate, you shouldn't continue wasting your time.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a hard situation, I’m wondering if you’ve ever met in person? I think there’s a possibility for him getting so serious without doing this basic thing may be too much. I personally wouldn’t advocate getting in a relationship without meeting or how you can completely declare love (I read a really good article on the importance of ‘being’ together to truely know you’re in love).
    It’s also probable that the prospect of a long distance relationship is too much for him to deal with as he begins to realise that he misses the physical presence and contact.
    I think if this continues you may be better openly discussing it (if he will) and deciding where you should both go, which may be to end the relationship and move onto something more in the real world. Sometimes working to get someone back is all well and good, but if the flames gone and you keep trying it’ll only end worse.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.