Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Time Management watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any advice for managing time during GCSE's?
    Recently I've frequently been feeling like I'm running out of time and I've been really struggling to balance good sessions of revision with my outside activities, it's usually either one or the other. I just don't feel like there are enough hours in the day any longer and I'm not sure what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Instead of doing revision for a set amount of hours, do revision for a set amount of topics instead and see if that helps. For example:
    Instead of saying, "Today I'll do 3 hours of Maths Revision & Practice" do "Today I'll do 3 TOPICS of Maths Revision & Practice."
    Then you can work around your activities. 1 topic before you go to school, 1 topic in your free-time, 1 topic when you come home after school.
    Try doing that for all your subjects. Also, prioritize which ones you struggle most on and do those throughout the week, and set realistic goals for yourself. Then do the ones you find easy on the weekends.
    I hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    I find timetabling really helpful. It means that I know I'm on track with the work, but also means that I can do activities / have down time and not feel guilty about it! I also find the morning a really good time to get a bit of extra work in. EVen if just 30 mins of going through flashcards / doing some testing, it can be super useful and make a big difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theggbydealy)
    Instead of doing revision for a set amount of hours, do revision for a set amount of topics instead and see if that helps. For example:
    Instead of saying, "Today I'll do 3 hours of Maths Revision & Practice" do "Today I'll do 3 TOPICS of Maths Revision & Practice."
    Then you can work around your activities. 1 topic before you go to school, 1 topic in your free-time, 1 topic when you come home after school.
    Try doing that for all your subjects. Also, prioritize which ones you struggle most on and do those throughout the week, and set realistic goals for yourself. Then do the ones you find easy on the weekends.
    I hope this helps!
    Yeah, this is really helpful I'll start doing this instead, thank you!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.