Turn on thread page Beta

Is it too late to get A*s in A Levels?? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing four, and my offer is A*AA. I'm most likely to get an A* in French or geography, but I feel I've left revision far too late. Please help!!!!!!1

ReputationRep:
    are you in year 12 or 13? how have you been doing in class tests/mocks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astana)
    I'm doing four, and my offer is A*AA. I'm most likely to get an A* in French or geography, but I feel I've left revision far too late. Please help!!!!!!1
    Ugh same rip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberries567)
    are you in year 12 or 13? how have you been doing in class tests/mocks?
    I'm in year 13, I've been doing ok in class tests (As/A*s) but in my mocks I've been doing poorly (Bs/Cs). I think I just don't have enough time to learn the content

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astana)
    100% can be done! You're doing well in class tests which means you get the jist of things. With hard work from now on, you can do it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Why does everyone seem to think there's a linear scale where you definitely need X amount of hours to get a specific grade? Why does everyone think they've left it to late when there's 1000 hours between now and the end of Easter holidays, let alone how many hours you've got until your exams.

If you have 5 contact hours for a unit each week, and around half your class is actually spent learning stuff, that's 2.5 hours per week, across two terms is 60 hours. Even if you were learning for every single minute of every single class, 5 hours per week over 24 weeks is still only 120 hours. Tell me again why you think you don't have enough time?

ReputationRep:
    How do you usually revise for geography?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Why does everyone seem to think there's a linear scale where you definitely need X amount of hours to get a specific grade? Why does everyone think they've left it to late when there's 1000 hours between now and the end of Easter holidays, let alone how many hours you've got until your exams.

If you have 5 contact hours for a unit each week, and around half your class is actually spent learning stuff, that's 2.5 hours per week, across two terms is 60 hours. Even if you were learning for every single minute of every single class, 5 hours per week over 24 weeks is still only 120 hours. Tell me again why you think you don't have enough time?
    You are awesome.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by 1629w)
    You are awesome.
    You're mistaking experience for awesomeness. But thanks all the same

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you're just seeking 1 A* then maybe, in your strongest subject. If you want A*s in all subjects, then realistically, probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChiedzaMoyoo)
    How do you usually revise for geography?
    I usually don't, but now I'm writing out all my case studies and the textbooks for the course.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.