Is it too late to get A*s in A Levels?? Watch

Astana
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm doing four, and my offer is A*AA. I'm most likely to get an A* in French or geography, but I feel I've left revision far too late. Please help!!!!!!1
strawberries567
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
are you in year 12 or 13? how have you been doing in class tests/mocks?
J...H
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Astana)
I'm doing four, and my offer is A*AA. I'm most likely to get an A* in French or geography, but I feel I've left revision far too late. Please help!!!!!!1
Ugh same rip
Astana
Rep:
?
(Original post by strawberries567)
are you in year 12 or 13? how have you been doing in class tests/mocks?
I'm in year 13, I've been doing ok in class tests (As/A*s) but in my mocks I've been doing poorly (Bs/Cs). I think I just don't have enough time to learn the content
Thedonreggaeton
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Astana)
100% can be done! You're doing well in class tests which means you get the jist of things. With hard work from now on, you can do it.
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why does everyone seem to think there's a linear scale where you definitely need X amount of hours to get a specific grade? Why does everyone think they've left it to late when there's 1000 hours between now and the end of Easter holidays, let alone how many hours you've got until your exams.

If you have 5 contact hours for a unit each week, and around half your class is actually spent learning stuff, that's 2.5 hours per week, across two terms is 60 hours. Even if you were learning for every single minute of every single class, 5 hours per week over 24 weeks is still only 120 hours. Tell me again why you think you don't have enough time?
ChiedzaMoyoo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How do you usually revise for geography?
1629w
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Acsel)
Why does everyone seem to think there's a linear scale where you definitely need X amount of hours to get a specific grade? Why does everyone think they've left it to late when there's 1000 hours between now and the end of Easter holidays, let alone how many hours you've got until your exams.

If you have 5 contact hours for a unit each week, and around half your class is actually spent learning stuff, that's 2.5 hours per week, across two terms is 60 hours. Even if you were learning for every single minute of every single class, 5 hours per week over 24 weeks is still only 120 hours. Tell me again why you think you don't have enough time?
You are awesome.
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 1629w)
You are awesome.
You're mistaking experience for awesomeness. But thanks all the same
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, if you're just seeking 1 A* then maybe, in your strongest subject. If you want A*s in all subjects, then realistically, probably not.
Astana
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChiedzaMoyoo)
How do you usually revise for geography?
I usually don't, but now I'm writing out all my case studies and the textbooks for the course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (190)
12.76%
Excited (122)
8.19%
Worried (279)
18.74%
Terrified (343)
23.04%
Meh (123)
8.26%
Confused (35)
2.35%