Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    With 6 days untill the folios are to be submitted i am really worried. My teacher has not had the chance to look at my personal essay and has only told me to cut down my discursive peice (from around 2200 to 1400). I am afraid that i will not be able to get a good mark and i have no idea how good the essays are (my teacher also refuses to give out any mark estimates). The english folio is my main chance of getting a good grade ( not very strong in the other areas). Is there anyone with sufficient knowledge who could have a look and suggest where i should cut down/ make improvements and maybe estimate a mark to help me out?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Cammy__)
    With 6 days untill the folios are to be submitted i am really worried. My teacher has not had the chance to look at my personal essay and has only told me to cut down my discursive peice (from around 2200 to 1400). I am afraid that i will not be able to get a good mark and i have no idea how good the essays are (my teacher also refuses to give out any mark estimates). The english folio is my main chance of getting a good grade ( not very strong in the other areas). Is there anyone with sufficient knowledge who could have a look and suggest where i should cut down/ make improvements and maybe estimate a mark to help me out?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    In terms of the discursive, I'm not entirely surprised that they told you to cut it down before looking at it, as the word count is 1300 and they are only meant to give so much assistance. So, doing that should definitely be your first job.
    It's also not uncommon for teachers to not want to estimate marks, as it can sometimes be quite subjective as to what makes the perfect, or good essay.
    I would avoid sending your essays to anyone online, to avoid the possibility of them using or publishing it, which could result in you getting in trouble for plagiarism.
    The fact they aren't looking at your personal at all is a bit off. Maybe ask another teacher in the department for their opinion?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.