Turn on thread page Beta

Black Panther is a racist film watch

ReputationRep:
    Why call it “Black Panther” and make the main charactar black? This isnt coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    Well it is set in Africa, where you know the majority of people are black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymousxo98)
    Black excellence is great and should be celebrated, that’s why.
    This is racist by ceebrating it you’re acting like its a rareity. Black people pretty much run popular culture tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got Milk)
    This is racist by ceebrating it you’re acting like its a rareity. Black people pretty much run popular culture tbh.

Okay, but it’s not racist.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but still.. why call it black panther its just highlighting he is black

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but still.. why call it black panther its just highlighting he is black

Never thought that a panther might identify himself as white, sorry. I agree - bloody racist film

ReputationRep:
    celebrating a race of people who are underrepresented in society and especially in a positive light (on a large scale in Hollywood for that matter) is not racist, in fact this opens the doors for other ethnic minorities (especially young people) to feel empowered because it symbolizes how people of color can be great and hold important and respected positions in the real world.

Sometimes its good to take a backseat and watch other cultures and traditions be showcased positively (an hopefully more frequently in the future).

(hope this doesn't sound like a rant lol, i respect your concern just expressing my view of it x)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    :reel:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I hope one day you find a decent sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    You should be called ‘got white milk ‘ just to confirm that you’re not strawberry or chocolate
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    why is everyone taking this seriously? Imo it was great, stop being sour milk

ReputationRep:
    I find spiderman racist because theyre not letting a spider be the hero just a flippin' human

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getmeoffmyphone)
    why is everyone taking this seriously? Imo it was great, stop being sour milk
    what have I told you about speaking to me!?

ReputationRep:
    Why call it “Black Panther” and make the main charactar black? This isnt coincidence.
    Ini

White people are becoming more oppressed because of this.

They should make the actor for black panther 2 white to compensate

ReputationRep:
    what have I told you about speaking to me!?
    You can get p***ed at me if you want Milk. I know why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova36)
    You should be called ‘got white milk ‘ just to confirm that you’re not strawberry or chocolate
    ??? My name isnt “Im Milk” its “Got Milk” so what you just said, is a different type of retarded.

ReputationRep:
    ??? My name isnt “Im Milk” its “Got Milk” so what you just said, is a different type of retarded.
    Lols it’s the type or irrelevant nonsense you post on a daily basis :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theyearniner)
    i find spiderman racist because theyre not letting a spider be the hero just a flippin' human
    looooool

ReputationRep:
    It's just another example of double standards.

Wakanda is basically an ethnostate that mirrors the beliefs of the nebulous alt-right but substitute pan-Africanism for white nationalism. Doesn't mean the movie is objectively bad; if anything it should open dialogue into whether there are benefits to more homogeneous societies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova36)
    Lols it’s the type or irrelevant nonsense you post on a daily basis :laugh:
    feel free to ****off then and not get involved in the “irrelevant nonsense”

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.