Turn on thread page Beta

I am really tired of my friends, there is so many things I just can not stand about them. I used to be a very sociable person, at year 11 for example I was one of the popular kids and had many different groups of friends but this changed.

It really all started when my best friend of the time stabbed me in the back basically, after this, I started distancing myself from many fake friends and actually ended seeing myself alone without anyone (I still had people to talk to but there wasnt the same friendship atmosphere). When I was kinda alone, this one kid needed help with his girlfriend and I just helped him and we became bestfriends. Everything was fine and we were always together but I started noticing weird things about how he tried to make me feel insecure or how jealous he was of me because for example my grades or my social skills. Long story short, now I have a group of friends including him which I am fed up of.

What should I do, it is not long to go before I go to uni (I am in year 13) but I dont want to cut off all relationships where I live because I intend coming back in the summers etc and will like someone to talk to here.

I am also scared I will meet the same type of fake and toxic people at uni..
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I am really tired of my friends, there is so many things I just can not stand about them. I used to be a very sociable person, at year 11 for example I was one of the popular kids and had many different groups of friends but this changed.

It really all started when my best friend of the time stabbed me in the back basically, after this, I started distancing myself from many fake friends and actually ended seeing myself alone without anyone (I still had people to talk to but there wasnt the same friendship atmosphere). When I was kinda alone, this one kid needed help with his girlfriend and I just helped him and we became bestfriends. Everything was fine and we were always together but I started noticing weird things about how he tried to make me feel insecure or how jealous he was of me because for example my grades or my social skills. Long story short, now I have a group of friends including him which I am fed up of.

What should I do, it is not long to go before I go to uni (I am in year 13) but I dont want to cut off all relationships where I live because I intend coming back in the summers etc and will like someone to talk to here.

I am also scared I will meet the same type of fake and toxic people at uni..
    I relate to this so much. In year 11 I too had great friendships with so many people, but since sixth form started I've become very detached to them. There's always the occasional smile and hi hello stuff, but no close friendship.
    But enough of that, answering your question, Uni should be fun. From people i know who are in uni they've told me that unlike in school and uni, you don't become friends with people who are in your lessons rather you choose who to be friends with by joining groups and clubs.
    Wishing you the all of best, and hope you find some great friends in uni to make great memories with. I'm hoping the same will happen to me too.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I relate to this so much. In year 11 I too had great friendships with so many people, but since sixth form started I've become very detached to them. There's always the occasional smile and hi hello stuff, but no close friendship.
    But enough of that, answering your question, Uni should be fun. From people i know who are in uni they've told me that unlike in school and uni, you don't become friends with people who are in your lessons rather you choose who to be friends with by joining groups and clubs.
    Wishing you the all of best, and hope you find some great friends in uni to make great memories with. I'm hoping the same will happen to me too.
    I hope it happens to you too.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.