Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey there!!

I’ve recently had two unconditionals from Stirling:
    - French & Spanish
    - French, Spanish & Professional Education

I’ve firmed the second offer but I’m currently working full time. My work are fully supportive of allowing me to change over part time hours when I start university & ill commute to and from university- I’m just looking to see if anyone is already this degree or even just French & Spanish so I have a rough idea on how often I’ll be at the university.

Thank you so much in advance ☺️ x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren.mckissock)
    Hey there!!

I’ve recently had two unconditionals from Stirling:
    - French & Spanish
    - French, Spanish & Professional Education

I’ve firmed the second offer but I’m currently working full time. My work are fully supportive of allowing me to change over part time hours when I start university & ill commute to and from university- I’m just looking to see if anyone is already this degree or even just French & Spanish so I have a rough idea on how often I’ll be at the university.

Thank you so much in advance ☺️ x
    I went to the applicant day yesterday (going to be studying English Studies and French) and from what I was told each module has roughly 3 hours total per week for teaching; however, you are expected to study around 5-7 hours per week for each module.

I went on the Stirling website and typed in ‘modules’, then clicked on undergraduate modules, typed in my course and then it came up the compulsory modules I had to take each semester and what other modules I could choose alongside the compulsory ones. It was pretty helpful as you are told what you will be assessed on, a short summary of the module, and some even have how many teaching hours there will be, study hours, and 1-to-1 hours.

I hope this was helpful even though I’m not a student there yet 😂

https://portal.stir.ac.uk/calendar/calendar.jsp

Here’s the link to the page I found

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annanicoll)
    I went to the applicant day yesterday (going to be studying English Studies and French) and from what I was told each module has roughly 3 hours total per week for teaching; however, you are expected to study around 5-7 hours per week for each module.

I went on the Stirling website and typed in ‘modules’, then clicked on undergraduate modules, typed in my course and then it came up the compulsory modules I had to take each semester and what other modules I could choose alongside the compulsory ones. It was pretty helpful as you are told what you will be assessed on, a short summary of the module, and some even have how many teaching hours there will be, study hours, and 1-to-1 hours.

I hope this was helpful even though I’m not a student there yet 😂

https://portal.stir.ac.uk/calendar/calendar.jsp

Here’s the link to the page I found
    Thank you!! I spoke to a couple of fourth year students doing French and Spanish at the applicant day yesterday and they also said it was around 4 hours a week per module

How did you find the applicant day??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren.mckissock)
    Thank you!! I spoke to a couple of fourth year students doing French and Spanish at the applicant day yesterday and they also said it was around 4 hours a week per module

How did you find the applicant day??
    I thought it was pretty helpful! Found out more about the accommodation and my course. The campus is stunning as well which is a bonus!

University open days

1. University of Stirling
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.