Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When i’m talking about bad gcses i mean majority C’s/D’s not B’s. And a levels, im talking about majority A*s/A’s or B’s.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah quite a few of my friends got rubbish GCSEs and then when it came to studying A level subjects they actually enjoyed, they did extremely well. It's quite common in those who don't love sciences and maths because often they're what drag people's GCSE results down.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I happen to be one of them. Got alot of Cs 1D and 1 E and then got AAAB at As.

(Original post by Radioactivedecay)
    Yup, I happen to be one of them. Got alot of Cs 1D and 1 E and then got AAAB at As.
    may i ask what a levels you are studying now? and did you find it difficult to achieve those AS grades/be predicted good grades when you didn't do so well at gcse?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yep. I really didn't focus hard enough on my work at school, just spent my time screwing around and daydreaming. Got mostly Cs and Ds. Did college and passed my level 3s with all distinctions (been 10 years since I was at college so I dunno if distinctions are even a thing anymore, they'd be equivalent to As and A*s).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geidiprimes)
    may i ask what a levels you are studying now? and did you find it difficult to achieve those AS grades/be predicted good grades when you didn't do so well at gcse?
    I did maths, further maths, physics and chemistry at As, dropped chemistry in A2. The only good gcse grades I got were for maths and chemistry. It did require some effort, but I enjoyed my subjects quite alot so it didn't even feel like I was revising.

ReputationRep:
    That’s amazing!! Is it because you worked harder at A levels or because you just because you enjoyed your subjects?

(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Yep. I really didn't focus hard enough on my work at school, just spent my time screwing around and daydreaming. Got mostly Cs and Ds. Did college and passed my level 3s with all distinctions (been 10 years since I was at college so I dunno if distinctions are even a thing anymore, they'd be equivalent to As and A*s).
    Those are A levels, right? Congrats! yeah they are only a thing in BTEC
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by StrawberryMesila)
    Ah so they're still around then, yeah I did BTEC Nationals in ICT which were equivalent to A levels :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryMesila)
    That’s amazing!! Is it because you worked harder at A levels or because you just because you enjoyed your subjects?

A bit of both actually. Also partly because the teachers in my new school were much better. Did you already do your gcses?

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs:
    A*ABCCDFU
    A-Levels:
    A*AB

ReputationRep:
    me

ReputationRep:
    A bit of both actually. Also partly because the teachers in my new school were much better. Did you already do your gcses?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysmile)
    me
    What were your gcse and a your a level grades?

(Original post by rickyrossman)
    GCSEs:
    A*ABCCDFU
    A-Levels:
    A*AB
    At least you got a A. I mean only c’s . Congrats tho

I did maths, further maths, physics and chemistry at As, dropped chemistry in A2. The only good gcse grades I got were for maths and chemistry. It did require some effort, but I enjoyed my subjects quite alot so it didn't even feel like I was revising.
    i'm doing the same alevels as you (biology instead of physics though) i got all A*s/A's in sciences and maths at gcse, but am still struggling. congratulations on your as results btw!!! what are you thinking of doing after A2?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.