Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I met a boy last May and started chatting over snapchat. We instantly realized how much in common we had and could talk to each other about anything, we had been seeing each other on nights out, parties etc for nearly a year now and I really really liked him and he told me he liked me a lot too, however he didn't want to commit just yet. Things didn't really change, I considered him one of my best friends even though our relationship wasn't on a 'friend' basis. I always thought that when he was ready we would be together, however for the past week things had started to change and he would leave my messages for quite a while then reply late at night, I knew him well enough to know something was up. I asked him multiple times if anything was wrong and he said no. It wasn't to last night I found out he has been in a relationship with another girl he had just met recently for two weeks now, my heart is broke I just didn't see this coming.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I am so very sorry this happened to you! Who knows his real motivation for acting so promising but never following through. You deserve better, of course. Use this as a life lesson. You don't deserve to be treated this way! So, in the future.... no matter what a guys says.... if he wants to date you he will. If he's stringing you along for probably over 2 months he's not going to ever be dating you. The odds would be very slim. I think this guy liked you but for whatever reason, known only to him, he wasn't feeling more than a good friendship with you. I'm curious if you were romantic or sexual with him during these nights out/parties. I know we all have the right to be w/ sexually who we want to (and that is true) but, it's also true that more guys really have more respect for a girl who doesn't get with him right off the bat. Not saying that is your situation but consider it if it is your situation. I promise there will be another guy come along who you will also like and don't emotionally attach yourself until he's actually dated you. I think every girl in your situation would have done and felt the same as you but in the future don't allow yourself to be lead on..... the guy either dates you or you move on (unless you are okay just being friends).

As far as what do you do now with messaging him..... if he's in a relationship you stop all contact. I would be hesitant to respond if he does reach out to you while he's dating another girl. If he continues to contact you that show you the lack of respect he has..... for his girlfriend and for the way he lead you on. I think it is time to move on from this guy. Best of Luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.