Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

lDR and other stuff watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So this is going to be somewhat lengthy but bare with me here!

So sometime last year I had started a ldr with someone and by this I mean more as an online relationship. (I think that counts right?) I was 18 and had no real experience in dating and had only asked one girl out before and she basically already was dating someone so no real experience. Anyway she was with me for 3 months until I found out she was with someone else. As the months went on after we broke up she said she wanted me back. I accepted more to see if it would happen again and sure enough she cheated again. From that point onwards I had found out she had been with guys before asking me out the first time and had dated them while with me even before the first time she "cheated". Then the fact that it only seemed lying to me in a relationship made me happy because the truth just hurt too much made me pretty depressed and I could never shake this deep haterid for her. I kinda started talking to her on steam again and well would you believe it, she claimed to want me back. Anyway I was having non of it and knew she was just trying to play me so she could crush me again and at the end of it all we blocked each other. Im just trying to understand why she is acting like this and most of all should I just pretend I never met her and go on or remember what she did as "experience".

I may do more posts on this soon but I've got a YouTube video that kinda explains a little better what was going on for the 3 months we were together.

Channel: Northernleigonare

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if this is a legitimate question of if you're just trying to get You Tube views.

Anyway, you know you did the right thing by blocking her. She has no intention of being faithful as you are just an online guy. Have you ever actually met face to face? It's hard to claim cheating if the relationship was never cemented. Anyway, yes, you move on and leave this in your past but remember what they 'warning signs' looked like so you don't find yourself in a similar situation. Don't unblock her and don't have contact again with her if you want to be in a healthier mental place and move forward with your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefully1)
    I'm not sure if this is a legitimate question of if you're just trying to get You Tube views.

Anyway, you know you did the right thing by blocking her. She has no intention of being faithful as you are just an online guy. Have you ever actually met face to face? It's hard to claim cheating if the relationship was never cemented. Anyway, yes, you move on and leave this in your past but remember what they 'warning signs' looked like so you don't find yourself in a similar situation. Don't unblock her and don't have contact again with her if you want to be in a healthier mental place and move forward with your life.
    As much as i would like YouTube views, no i wasn't trying to get any. But yeah this helps quite a bit thanks! Makes me feel a lot better other than the fact that im not as depressed about the whole thing as i was back then. Thank you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.