Turn on thread page Beta

Tired... and a bit lost watch

I have a really great friend. We make jokes a lot and talk all the time and generally enjoy each other’s company. i’ve been keeping something from them which is why i’m anon.
    I secretly like my friend. They are enthusiastic and funny, and I am always laughing and smiling when i’m talking to them. it’s hard because there is a chance they like me too but it’s not easy to say if it would work out or not

I would like to know how to tell them an go about talking about it thank you in advance
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

You need to post more background information if you want to get useful / constructive advice.

For example, what is your sex / sexual orientation? How old are you and how do you know your friend? How well do you know them and for how long? Is it someone on TSR or do you know them in real life or both? Are you both part of a larger group or did you two just "find" eachother? Does this person behave differently towards you than other people in your group / social circle?

Remember, you're posting anonymously so there's little risk of this coming back to haunt you... so pour your lil ol' heart out lol

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about one friend or many friends?
    Friends in your head or real friends?
    Elaborate, please?

Hi
    Real friend. They are male. I am female. We text mostly. I know him from TSR. We mostly talk privately off TSR through a messaging app. And we just found each other, it was by chance. And he certainly does, he’s a lot more gentle and I can open up to him about anything. He always makes sure not to hurt my feelings when he teases me. We are very close. Our convos often get deep and that’s one reason why I think he might like me back too. Because we have a link/connection I’ve never had with anyone else. I can say more if you need more info. Ty for the replies

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi
    Real friend. They are male. I am female. We text mostly. I know him from TSR. We mostly talk privately off TSR through a messaging app. And we just found each other, it was by chance. And he certainly does, he’s a lot more gentle and I can open up to him about anything. He always makes sure not to hurt my feelings when he teases me. We are very close. Our convos often get deep and that’s one reason why I think he might like me back too. Because we have a link/connection I’ve never had with anyone else. I can say more if you need more info. Ty for the replies
    Another thought is that I can’t talk about what we talk about with anyone else, he’s comforting and warm, doesn’t judge, and it means more than I can say to have that feeling of security and happiness with someone. I’ve never had it before. I may have already said some of this but I wanted to reiterate the bit about having a connection since I feel this is important. I’ve always been able to go to him for anything, being friends means a lot to me, but I don’t want to lose him. Again, thank you to everyone who replies/has replied much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Seems that he likes you from the info you provided. I say you should go for it, and tell him how you feel, like "hey we've been talking for a while now and I really value our friendship and appreciate you and I've been wanting to tell you something" and go from there. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Alrighty....

So you communicate a lot with each other via text and other messaging apps, and he makes you feel 'like the only girl in the world'(queue Rhianna law suit lol) . Have you acutally met up or spoken in real life? Remember someone can seem amazing on paper... but you won't get a true sense of the dynamic until you meet them in real life... because voice tone, facial expression and bodylanguage will contribute to how you feel (difficult to convey in a text message). Even a Skype chat or video message may give you some idea... but it;s still not the same as meeting them.

Of course, if you've already met him, then ignore all of the above

Assuming this has escalated to you meeting up, People have a "6th Sense" when it comes to love etc. People often subconsciously pick up on vibes if someone is into them... so chances are he knows that you like him... and if he hasn't already ran for the hills, there's a good chance that he likes you back... or is at least up for something happening between you. In any case I wouldn't go in all guns blazing just yet. Instead you could just escalate things when you're with him by flirting in the usual manner... for example:-

1) Try brushing your hand against his and then grab his fingers to instigate holding hands etc.
    2) Give him a compliment in some way (prefrebly something you know he's put a lot of effort into)
    3) Laugh at his jokes (even the ones that are really bad, oh yes! )
    4) Lightly touch his forearm when he says something funny / endearing.
    5) At the end of the meeting, tell him what a great time you had and you need to do it again.

These are just a few ideas of the top of my head... I'm sure you get the general idea

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.