Turn on thread page Beta

Im a guy, going though a bit of a rough patch and I’m sick of maintaining my hair. People know me for my hair, it’s pretty much the only thing I get complimented on but it doesn’t make me feel good, I just do it because other people seem to like my hair I don’t particularly like it, I’d rather be a skinnead and just pop on a cap. I also want to make a statement, I feel like it’s a good way of expressing my anger and frustration with everything

I may or may not be having a nervous breakdown but I’ll save that for another thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im a guy, going though a bit of a rough patch and I’m sick of maintaining my hair. People know me for my hair, it’s pretty much the only thing I get complimented on but it doesn’t make me feel good, I just do it because other people seem to like my hair I don’t particularly like it, I’d rather be a skinnead and just pop on a cap. I also want to make a statement, I feel like it’s a good way of expressing my anger and frustration with everything
    If you want to do it, do it. Do what you think will make you happy and feel confident in yourself. If you don't like it, then you can always grow it back. Besides, shaved heads can look very appealing, especially if you have a decent head shape.

I may or may not be having a nervous breakdown but I’ll save that for another thread.
    If you're serious, then you need to get help, fast.

(Original post by jambojim97)
    If you want to do it, do it. Do what you think will make you happy and feel confident in yourself. If you don't like it, then you can always grow it back. Besides, shaved heads can look very appealing, especially if you have a decent head shape.

If you're serious, then you need to get help, fast.
    Sometimes people say nice things about me, like I have a nice smile, always my hair, or nice eyes and stuff like that especially when I say how ugly I feel but I can never see it so instead of trying to see what they see, it seems better to show them how I feel and that way we both see the same thing.

Sometimes it’s like everyone can hear you but they don’t listen, it’s frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes people say nice things about me, like I have a nice smile, always my hair, or nice eyes and stuff like that especially when I say how ugly I feel but I can never see it so instead of trying to see what they see, it seems better to show them how I feel and that way we both see the same thing.

Sometimes it’s like everyone can hear you but they don’t listen, it’s frustrating.
    :hugs: Sorry, this probably won't help much, but I really sympathize with what you've written here about trying to have your outside match how you feel inside. I would go weeks without combing my hair or changing my clothes when I was in the place you've described.

I would really recommend seeing your doctor. It might feel pointless but I can tell you that what you're experiencing isn't indicative of good mental health. Whether it's meds or talk therapy, your GP should be able to help.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs: Sorry, this probably won't help much, but I really sympathize with what you've written here about trying to have your outside match how you feel inside. I would go weeks without combing my hair or changing my clothes when I was in the place you've described.

I would really recommend seeing your doctor. It might feel pointless but I can tell you that what you're experiencing isn't indicative of good mental health. Whether it's meds or talk therapy, your GP should be able to help.
    Thanks it actually did help… it made me cry knowing someone else has been in this position. It’s just tough because men don’t usually go through stuff like this, so I’ve NEVER spoken about it to anyone.

I know it won’t get better till I ‘get help’ but I also know I’m not ready for help, I think any kind of treatment right now would be counter productive because I still can’t understand my mind and if understanding my mind is all that comes from this and it means having to hit rock bottom, I’d go with it

Maybe once I shave my hair it’ll be like letting go of all this and it could be like a new beginning, that’s a positive approach to it I guess

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.