Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Im a new international relations postgrad and would like to know which college would best suit me. Im not a party person. Im a bit sociable and I tend to constantly only do work. Also, which college has the most MA students in international relations.

ReputationRep:
    Ustinov College is exclusively postgraduate - the others have mainly undergraduate students. The Durham collegiate system tries to spread everyone out across colleges so each college will have a bit of each subject - as a result no college will have a particularly high number of people doing a specific subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username3841342)
    Hi,
    Im a new international relations postgrad and would like to know which college would best suit me. Im not a party person. Im a bit sociable and I tend to constantly only do work. Also, which college has the most MA students in international relations.
    If you’re looking for a college that is close in proximity to SGIA, the ones within about 10 mins of the department’s main building are St Mary’s (the closest), Trevelyan, St Aidan’s, Van Mildert, Collingwood, Grey, Josephine Butler and Ustinov (though I think Ustinov is moving sites so it might be getting slightly further away). I think out of those the biggest “party colleges” are probably Collingwood and Van Mildert, but I’m not 100% sure on how lively some of the others are. And yeah, they try to aim for an even enough spread if possible so I doubt one college will have a much higher concentration of IR students than all the others.

Hope this helps!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.