Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have recently discovered an effective stress relief method that I have been trying out and... it works!

I started by trying to meditate everyday - nope! Couldn't get myself to sit down in silence and do nothing for 5 minutes. I just felt I was too busy.

Then I started by trying to write a diary entry everyday. It sort of went to plan however it was less about my day and more about the issues I encountered.

Finally I came to my favourite method. I would write a small paragraph about how my day had gone overall. Next I would draw a 2-way table, one side reading 'positives' and the other 'negatives'. I would then fill this table with what I felt when well on that day and also the things that had a negative impact on me. Once the negatives were written, I would start a new paragraph. This would become the solutions to the negative things I encountered.

I found that this method really cleared my head at the end of the day. Instead of my mind whizzing and having problems stuck in there I had clear thoughts and was ready for a good nights sleep. I recommend you try it too! Let me know down below how you found it.

ReputationRep:
    So you keep it in like a journal/note book, right?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed
    (Original post by diidadee)
    So you keep it in like a journal/note book, right?

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna suggest ripping up a magazine but your idea is probably healthier.

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.