Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have received an unconditional offer at Uni of Hertfordshire and a conditional offer at Royal Holloway? Which one is better? I am planning on studying business and am thinking that they are too similar to even compare. Is this the case?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by rtplatts)
    I have received an unconditional offer at Uni of Hertfordshire and a conditional offer at Royal Holloway? Which one is better? I am planning on studying business and am thinking that they are too similar to even compare. Is this the case?
    Hi again rtplatts

Have you been to open days and/or applicants days at both uni's?

To help you with your decision you might like to compare the different modules offered at each uni, to see what interests you most. You can also take a look at if there's opportunities to take a work placement or study abroad during the course.

Are you planning on living on campus?

Thanks,
    Heather

ReputationRep:
    Hi Heather,Thank you for your answer. I am not in the UK right now so I have not been able to go to any open days, and that’s why I needed a comparison. Yes I am
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by rtplatts)
    Hi Heather,Thank you for your answer. I am not in the UK right now so I have not been able to go to any open days, and that’s why I needed a comparison. Yes I am
    Ok well we have lots of videos you can take a look at to get a feel for campus:

360 video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW9xJQnxyYQ

Accommodation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrBjg_9jTs

Although you'll be mainly based on our de Havilland campus, you may also like to take a look at our College Lane campus where most of our accommodation is. Plus our nightclub, bank and pharmacy.

The International Business course gives you the opportunity to spend 2 years abroad (rather than 1 or a semester) in up to 3 countries.

We've actually got a new video coming out next week featuring three International Business students, so keep an eye on our YouTube channel.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    (Original post by University of Hertfordshire)
    Ok well we have lots of videos you can take a look at to get a feel for campus:

360 video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW9xJQnxyYQ

Accommodation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrBjg_9jTs

Although you'll be mainly based on our de Havilland campus, you may also like to take a look at our College Lane campus where most of our accommodation is. Plus our nightclub, bank and pharmacy.

The International Business course gives you the opportunity to spend 2 years abroad (rather than 1 or a semester) in up to 3 countries.

We've actually got a new video coming out next week featuring three International Business students, so keep an eye on our YouTube channel.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Is there anything else you'd like to know specifically about UH? I've been a student here for four years, but came from abroad and so know exactly how nerve-wracking it is picking a Uni whilst you're abroad and not able to visit!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 17, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.