?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so many hours are u guys studying for the gcse exams
WestDragon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personally I am studying 1-3 hours a night (for equivalent exams).

Stop reading here if you were making this to compare

However, the number of hours shouldn't really be the most important thing. Instead, the content you are covering and if the information is actually being taken - is the most important thing in my opinion. There's no point studying for four hours a night if nothing is going in or you can't concentrate. Anyways, if you are using this as a gauge for your own, I'd experiment and see what works.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ailurophile03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by WestDragon)
Personally I am studying 1-3 hours a night (for equivalent exams).

Stop reading here if you were making this to compare

However, the number of hours shouldn't really be the most important thing. Instead, the content you are covering and if the information is actually being taken - is the most important thing in my opinion. There's no point studying for four hours a night if nothing is going in or you can't concentrate. Anyways, if you are using this as a gauge for your own, I'd experiment and see what works.
thanks for ur reply! yup i agree, the thing that matters is how much work u have covered in that certain period of time
sconlon2002
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i completely agree, if you don’t know how to study effectively for yourself then no matter how long you spend studying, it will effectively be useless.
personally the amount i am revising depends on what is going on that day and what time i get home but i find that apps like memorise have other subjects other than just languages that can be useful for studying on the go (such as poetry in english literature). but on average i probably spend around 1-2 hours on weekdays and 3 on weekends
LarissaAlves
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You guys are right! It`s all about studying effectively!

Answering questions for a short time is much more effective than reading notes for endless hours!
Also doing a few hours a day is much better than doing a study marathon at the end.
A good idea is to try using online resources, like BBC bitesize and GCSEPod for a quick overview of the topic and then spend most of your time practising questions using Seneca Learning and Quizzlet
Vishalsharma1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ailurophile03)
I think studying 5 - 6 hours daily is enough for GCSE exams
chlo_bel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In the month leading up to exams, I was doing around 6 hours studying each day
Kroznox
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ailurophile03)
For my GCSEs/IGCSEs, I studied about 1-2 hours daily for about 3-4 months (slightly before the mocks until the end of exams). Don't base your revision off time, instead make targets of what you want to achieve. Cover the syllabus, do past papers, understand (most) of the content. Studying the night before exams is also extremely important, as the stress and additional adrenaline in your body gives you more concentration provided that you're focused.

Best of luck! Don't stress too much, I think GCSE examiners are quite kind and will award marks when they see you tried. If not, I wouldn't have got the grades that I have today.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%