Turn on thread page Beta

Serious
    I want nothing todo wihto her
    She has never helped me always picked men over men she’s selfish wanted this for ages now
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I imagine in a way similar to The Office when Michael wants to declare bankruptcy

ReputationRep:
    yikes
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Serious
    She has never helped me always picked men over men she’s selfish wanted this for ages now
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that by never helping you, she has been helping you to develop into an independent, self-sufficient, confident, capable adult - which is the best gift that any parent can ever give their children.

I applaud her parenting skills.

ReputationRep:
    She might not be perfect but you're a selfish brat!!

ReputationRep:
    Serious
    ur mum gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    How old are you?
    no u

(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
    You do realise that by never helping you, she has been helping you to develop into an independent, self-sufficient, confident, capable adult - which is the best gift that any parent can ever give their children.

I applaud her parenting skills.
    Are you serious you people don’t understand what she has done she stayed in a relationship where I was being physically abused and she said I deserved it! I was locked in dark rooms from the age of about 10 and u applaud her for that? Wow what an amazing mum
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Serious
    Parents can be a nightmare sometimes as I am sure you can be to them. I had a awful relationship with my mum when I lived with her she drove me mad, but after moving out our relationship improved so much. Instead of always being in each others way we actually made proper time to spend together (normally on my lunch break so can restrict it to an hour he he)

Is there anyone else you can move in with so that you can both get a break from each other. Then after some space you can both decide what you want to do with your relationship.

Sending lots of love xxx

(Original post by DrawTheLine)
    How old are you?
    I am 18
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    Parents can be a nightmare sometimes as I am sure you can be to them. I had a awful relationship with my mum when I lived with her she drove me mad, but after moving out our relationship improved so much. Instead of always being in each others way we actually made proper time to spend together (normally on my lunch break so can restrict it to an hour he he)

Is there anyone else you can move in with so that you can both get a break from each other. Then after some space you can both decide what you want to do with your relationship.

Sending lots of love xxx
    She already threw me out well her partner did because he wants her to himself so I am homeless now
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I am 18

She already threw me out well her partner did because he wants her to himself so I am homeless now

Awww no that sounds awful where are you staying now?

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious you people don’t understand what she has done she stayed in a relationship where I was being physically abused and she said I deserved it! I was locked in dark rooms from the age of about 10 and u applaud her for that? Wow what an amazing mum
    I applaud her parenting skills in not helping you. Which is all the information we were given about her in your opening post.

I do not applaud her for the physical abuse nor locking you in dark rooms as that is terrible parenting.

And of course "us people" didn't understand what she had done - because you hadn't told us anything!
    We're not clairvoyants!

You getting thrown out is great. Go to the council if you need housing help. They don't want homeless 18 year olds on their streets.
    Start living your life as an adult now. Learn from the past but don't live in it, Live for today!

I am 18

I had a similar situation - family member loss and my 'mum' threw me out. She was physically and emotionally abusive to me, leading to an array of long-term illnesses/issues.

Had to use my savings for rent, forced to abandon university to get a full-time job. Worked so hard to pick myself back up and start again. Major delay to my education. Finally back where I should have been 3 years ago thanks to the kind support of scholarship providers in my education.

My advice? If you really want nothing to do with her (which I didn't), take the leap. Work on proactively changing your life. Get a job, find a flat, and go to university (if that's what you want to do). 100% you'll hate every minute of it, but 100% it's better than being at home with her. You need to be pro-active and weigh the pros and cons. If you genuinely want nothing more to do with her, good for you - do it. You just need to work out a way of providing for yourself and getting your life on track (and start afresh!)

ReputationRep:
    "Get a job, find a flat, and go to university (if that's what you want to do). 100% you'll hate every minute of it, but 100% it's better than being at home with her"

When I moved out of my mum's home at the age of 18 I enjoyed my life a lot. Never felt like I hated my new found freedom and responsibilities.

Having to do your own food shopping, cooking, washing cleaning, ironing, manage your own finances, sort out housing, medical appointments, bills, etc is no big deal.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.