Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    I have some problems to do with me being 18 and having no GCSE passes, due to severe mental health issues like anxiety and depression, I was having some bullying problems and tired all the time, I got mostly Us, 1 D, E and F.

    When I was 16, after getting GCSE results I still got into college to do level 1 animal care but because I didn't have the entry requirements they made a new class for me and a few others in the same situation where we studied entry level 3 animal care instead along with functional skills entry level 3 English and maths. I passed the course but couldn't progress due to bad attendance because I was still dealing with mental health problems.

    After I left I took a few months out, at Christmas I got a Christmas temp job, then a dog walking job and then a new college place somewhere else to do level 1 functional skills English and maths, I also do level 1 employability. After I might be able to go on to an animal care apprenticeship but if I don't I'm not sure what to do.

    I've looked into pre access, access then maybe a 2 degree which if you choose to you can do an extra year, all of it would take 5 years to do, that doesn't bother me to much but I have emailed the place as I'm worried you have to be a mature student to do pre access and if you are I don't know what I'm going to do, I'll be 18 at the start of the course.

    I don't want any negative replies, I won't be giving up on working with animals. I just need some advice on the whole situation.

University open days

  1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.