Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am a "mature" student, at the grand age of 29 years looking to go back in to education. I havent done any education since I was about 17. Anyway,

As a career I would like to work with children who have mental health issues, everything ranging from anxiety and depression, to eating disorders, etc. I have applied for an access to HE in Social Sciences and have psychology as a module and was then going to go on to University to do Social work but as I dont want to do social work I think that might be the wrong path, so I could change the access and do a childcare course but then what could I do at university to get me in the job I want?

Or Stick with social sciences and take psychology?? I have no idea, does anyone else?

Thanks in advance.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Spannah89)
    Hello, I am a "mature" student, at the grand age of 29 years looking to go back in to education. I havent done any education since I was about 17. Anyway,

As a career I would like to work with children who have mental health issues, everything ranging from anxiety and depression, to eating disorders, etc. I have applied for an access to HE in Social Sciences and have psychology as a module and was then going to go on to University to do Social work but as I dont want to do social work I think that might be the wrong path, so I could change the access and do a childcare course but then what could I do at university to get me in the job I want?

Or Stick with social sciences and take psychology?? I have no idea, does anyone else?

Thanks in advance.
    Look at job descriptions for what you want to do and see what qualifications are expected. I think you'll find that there are multiple routes in and it;s about getting the right jobs and work experience.

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.