The Student Room Group

Driving theory resources

I've just purchased the official DVSA theory test kit, is this enough or do I need other resources alongside it so that I pass first time?
Original post by Anagogic
I've just purchased the official DVSA theory test kit, is this enough or do I need other resources alongside it so that I pass first time?

If that's the set of two DVDs you can get, then that's what helped me pass my theory test first time. I spent about an hour a day for two weeks just going over the questions and practising the hazard perception part of the test and was able to pass without much of a problem.

I used the official DVSA app - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/official-dvsa-theory-test-kit/id463295925?mt=8 (Includes hazard perception and theory test questions)

Just tagging @AngryJellyfish to get this moved to Learning to drive :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by CatusStarbright
If that's the set of two DVDs you can get, then that's what helped me pass my theory test first time. I spent about an hour a day for two weeks just going over the questions and practising the hazard perception part of the test and was able to pass without much of a problem.

Congratulations on passing, I'm not sure it's an online subscription split into two parts the official DVSA theory test for drivers and Hazard perception online. Maybe it's the same as the one you had just the online version think, I paid Β£12 for a one month subscription.

Also do you need to memorise all of the stopping distances?
Congratulations on passing, I'm not sure it's an online subscription split into two parts the official DVSA theory test for drivers and Hazard perception online. Maybe it's the same as the one you had just the online version think, I paid Β£12 for a one month subscription.

Sounds like it. I borrowed the discs for free from my local library, so never actually paid anything.

It certainly doesn't hurt to memorise them.
Reply 5
Original post by RoyalSheepy
I used the official DVSA app - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/official-dvsa-theory-test-kit/id463295925?mt=8 (Includes hazard perception and theory test questions)

Just tagging @AngryJellyfish to get this moved to Learning to drive :smile:

Thanks, unfortunately my phone hasn't been behaving lately so I wasn't able to purchase it :frown:.
Reply 6
Original post by CatusStarbright
Sounds like it. I borrowed the discs for free from my local library, so never actually paid anything.

It certainly doesn't hurt to memorise them.

Wise move indeed :biggrin:, I was pretty surprised as to how much content there is.

Yep, you'll have to learn the different stopping distances - https://www.drivingtestsuccess.com/pages/stopping-distances-and-the-theory-test :smile:
Wise move indeed :biggrin:, I was pretty surprised as to how much content there is.

There is, but a lot of it is common sense or at least logical.

Quick Reply

Latest