14ADAnon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How do I get in control of my GCSE revision?

Hi, I am currently in yr 10 and will be doing my first mocks in the beginning of May.
So far, my GCSE course has consisted mostly of extreme stress (leading to demotivation) and way too much time spent revising using ineffective stratagies.

I have just about had enough of pushing my mental health to the breaking point, and figured that something has to change. I would really appreciate any tips for effective revision/how to achieve grade 8s and 9s/ ways to turn your GCSEs around and achieve the grades you really want.

Personally, I naturally enjoy learning and really want to do well- the only thing that has been getting me down is stress and fear of being a failure.

To give you a bit of background, here are a list of exam boards and target grades for each subject:
English lit, AQA, target 9
English lang, AQA, target 9
Maths, edexcel higher, target 9
Sciece, AQA triple science, target 8
Geography, AQA, target 9
German, AQA higher, target 9
RS: Catholic Christianity, Islam & philosophy/ ethics, Edexcel A, target 9
Art, AQA fine art, target 9
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (505)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (622)
41.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (306)
20.39%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.53%

Watched Threads