Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi , I was wondering if anyone on here has been awarded the childcare grant AND has a partner working full time? Just looking to see if there is anyone in a similar circumstance. I'm a full time mature student and due in July, my partner works full time and earns £35,000. I have read through all the documentation but there is nothing to clarify whether or not I am eligible given my partners wage Just wanted to know if any one had been successful? Many thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by kjsh)
    Hi , I was wondering if anyone on here has been awarded the childcare grant AND has a partner working full time? Just looking to see if there is anyone in a similar circumstance. I'm a full time mature student and due in July, my partner works full time and earns £35,000. I have read through all the documentation but there is nothing to clarify whether or not I am eligible given my partners wage Just wanted to know if any one had been successful? Many thanks
    Hi Kjsh,

When applying for the Childcare Grant (CCG), the assessment is based on individual circumstances such as how many children you have, how many children will be in childcare and how much you will be paying in childcare. There's no set figure that determines the threshold.

With your partner earning £35000, it's unlikely you'd eligible for the CCG, however, if you're able to clarify the above details I can give you a better idea.

Kind regards,

John.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I am interested in this topic. I am starting an MA in September, I am a mature student too and my husband works away a lot. My lessons will be in the evening, therefore I will need childcare form my 8 years old son. Do I qualify for childcare grant?Thanks,Ang
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Anlu)
    Hi there, I am interested in this topic. I am starting an MA in September, I am a mature student too and my husband works away a lot. My lessons will be in the evening, therefore I will need childcare form my 8 years old son. Do I qualify for childcare grant?Thanks,Ang
    Hi Anulu,

If you are undertaking a stand alone Masters qualification, this attracts a different type of funding.

The Postgraduate Loan is a contribution loan, not specifically for fees or living costs.

It is paid in installments into your bank account, spread over the length of your course and you decide how you are going to use it.

The loan support will be up to a maximum of £10,609 for the length of your course for new postgraduate students starting their postgraduate Master's course in 2018/19 Academic Year.

We do not look at your household income, you decide how much you wish to borrow up to the maximum.

Unfortunately there is no childcare or other support with the Postgraduate loan other than Disability Students Allowance.

Thanks Rona

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.