The Student Room Group

How can I change or add to my DSA circumstances?

Hello,

I currently receive DSA for my dyslexia which includes the laptop and applications (like global autocorrect) on it. However, I suffer from visual distortions known as Meares-Irlen Syndrome, which was even noted and mentioned in my original assessment. For some reason, they did not add this to the issues I need help with. I ended up having issues with my laptop and got a loan laptop with all this software from Claro which had the on screen overlay effect, ruler, screen speech, which is exactly what I need, but now I have a new laptop and I am back to struggling. I have wasted so much money having to print out paper just to use an overlay. Is there any way I can first of all claim back the money spent on printing, and secondly receive the software mentioned (Claro, etc.)?

The second issue is that I have been diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. Would this affect any entitlements on DSA, and if yes, how can I apply for this?

Thank you!
Original post by jordieDMisaacs
Hello,

I currently receive DSA for my dyslexia which includes the laptop and applications (like global autocorrect) on it. However, I suffer from visual distortions known as Meares-Irlen Syndrome, which was even noted and mentioned in my original assessment. For some reason, they did not add this to the issues I need help with. I ended up having issues with my laptop and got a loan laptop with all this software from Claro which had the on screen overlay effect, ruler, screen speech, which is exactly what I need, but now I have a new laptop and I am back to struggling. I have wasted so much money having to print out paper just to use an overlay. Is there any way I can first of all claim back the money spent on printing, and secondly receive the software mentioned (Claro, etc.)?

The second issue is that I have been diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. Would this affect any entitlements on DSA, and if yes, how can I apply for this?

Thank you!

Hi JordieDiMiaacs,

If you've mentioned that you suffer from Meares-Irlen syndrome, usually the DSA team would request evidence in order to award support for this. I'd recommend emailing the DSA team to enquire about why you haven't heard anything about it, their email address is [email protected].

Anxiety and depression can affect your DSA entitlement, you would be required to send evidence of the condition with a cover letter, the DSA team would review this and if accepted they will arrange a needs assessment to arrange support.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending