The Student Room Group

Virgin Trains launches #Avocard

Virgin Trains has launched #Avocard for those aged 26 - 30 who were unable to purchase one of the 10,000 'millennial railcards' that were released yesterday morning. This amounts to roughly 1 railcard for every 500 people who are eligible for it.

So what is the #Avocard, you ask? Well, for this week only, Virgin Trains is offering the equivalent railcard discount for anyone aged 26 - 30 who brings an avocado with them on their journey.*

More millennial railcards are expected to be released in the near future, but until then, the #Avocard will have to suffice.

*The #Avocard is valid on all Virgin Trains West Coast journeys from the 13th March until midnight on the 20th March, and you'll also need to provide photo ID with proof of age.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/virgin-trains-avocard-millennial-railcard-avocado-station-cheap-train-tickets-a8255031.html
Reply 1
:facepalm2:

And here I was thinking - hoping - it was April 1st.
:facepalm:
Virgin Trains are toast.
Just me actually loving this idea then?

okay
Save the Avocados!!
Nobody wants to ride a virgin
Reply 7
How very bizarre.
Reply 8
Original post by bars from mars
Nobody wants to ride a virgin

Are you certain about that ?:colone:
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Just me actually loving this idea then?

okay

I know, right? I thought this too, I found the idea quite entertaining and witty :lol:
They're just trolling us folks, move along.

Part of me is entertained by the fact that as a virtual monopoly holder on the West Coast Main Line they can afford to be lightly brash.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by rockrunride
They're just trolling us folks, move along.

Part of me is entertained by the fact that as a virtual monopoly holder on the West Coast Main Line they can afford to be lightly brash.

I like the Virgin brand, but **** me Virgin Trains needs to get their act together with their advertising and all that.
Original post by Napp
Are you certain about that ?:colone:

When I was a virgin I only got laid once, after that I've been getting it a lot more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending