Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got witty retorts for when you experience hatred? Not to start a debate, but to make them stunned they don't know what to say back.

e.g. 'you look like a brown pig' - 'at least my head, neck and shoulders don't merge into each other'

'oh look, here's the hijabi squad' - 'oh look, here's the KKK wannabees'

'you can't sit with us, we're listening to music' - 'what a shame, I really wanted to sit with the colonisers'

etc....

(also not trying to offend anyone, these are genuine things I've said and have said to me- would appreciate it if anyone else could come up with other things!)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If you shouted 2 very specific words it would shut them off instantly
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You don't have to say anything back. Report it if the abuse continues.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by desert_fairy)
    Anyone got witty retorts for when you experience hatred? Not to start a debate, but to make them stunned they don't know what to say back.

e.g. 'you look like a brown pig' - 'at least my head, neck and shoulders don't merge into each other'

'you can't sit with us, we're listening to music' - 'what a shame, I really wanted to sit with the colonisers'

etc....

(also not trying to offend anyone, these are genuine things I've said and have said to me- would appreciate it if anyone else could come up with other things!)
    Why are you giving them the attention they do not deserve? I know it will hurt when such comments are said, brush it aside and move on. The more you feed them the more they will retort in retaliation, and when that occurs you come to the net to look for answers.

All the best in finding your answer. .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszshorTea786)
    Why are you giving them the attention they do not deserve? I know it will hurt when such comments are said, brush it aside and move on. The more you feed them the more they will retort in retaliation, and when that occurs you come to the net to look for answers.

All the best in finding your answer. .
    I know it feels like that, but it's a group of boys in my year who keep doing it to me and my group of friends. It's been going on for a while now where we've been 'brushing it aside' but now we're fed up and want it to stop. What would you suggest to do instead, to not give them any satisfaction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desert_fairy)

etc....

"hey the idiot store called, they're running out of you"
    "get back on the boat you came on" - "well why don’t YOU go back to where YOU came from and stop taking boats over here!"

ReputationRep:
    A reply to any dad comment. “At least I know who my dad is”

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how old you are, but stuff like this used to happen that I'd hear about in my old school, not to muslims (we went to such a diverse school in a diverse neighbourhood people weren't like this thank god) but just subtle bullying in general. We didn't see it as a big deal back then but looking back this would not be tolerated in any other environment, especially if they are making islamophobic comments. You should report them and tell your superiors what they have actually been saying. I don't think any school would tolerate this. I know I was adverse to "snitching" when I was younger but abuse based on someones race, religion, gender or sexuality should never ever be tolerated in a school/uni/learning environment. Seriously, you'd be doing a favour to society to help these boys learn their lesson while they're young and not have them growing up thinking this sort of behaviour is okay. Good luck and I'm sorry you have to put up with people like that.

ReputationRep:
    Just get all technical and legal with them.

Tell them that you'll get the police to arrest the bullies for Islamophobia and that a returning ISIS jihadi will occupy their social housing flat while they're in jail.

It's not even that incredible a thing to say in the current environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samarmed)
    Not sure how old you are, but stuff like this used to happen that I'd hear about in my old school, not to muslims (we went to such a diverse school in a diverse neighbourhood people weren't like this thank god) but just subtle bullying in general. We didn't see it as a big deal back then but looking back this would not be tolerated in any other environment, especially if they are making islamophobic comments. You should report them and tell your superiors what they have actually been saying. I don't think any school would tolerate this. I know I was adverse to "snitching" when I was younger but abuse based on someones race, religion, gender or sexuality should never ever be tolerated in a school/uni/learning environment. Seriously, you'd be doing a favour to society to help these boys learn their lesson while they're young and not have them growing up thinking this sort of behaviour is okay. Good luck and I'm sorry you have to put up with people like that.
    Thank you so much! If anything happens again I will definitely tell a teacher, even though it does seem like 'snitching' it probably is the right thing to do.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.