Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Access to HE - Science (Biochemical) PHARMACY/ENGINEERING watch

At the moment I'm studying a foundation degree in engineering, and was looking at going on to study civil engineering. I started off enjoying this degree, then became massively depressed with it. I never went in, messed up exams and coursework. I am doubtful I can go on to study civil now. Being younger, I really wanted to study pharmacy, or something 'sciencey', but when it came to choosing a levels, I changed my mind and went on to pursue and engineering degree, something I regret as growing up I had a passion and even enjoyed science based subjects. I can withdraw now and save 50% of the degree cost. I am thinking about working full time somewhere to save some money till september, then do an access course named 'Access to HE - Science (Biochemical)'. This will allow me to study pharmacy, but also keep the door open to study civil. Overall, I've wasted a year and am in pointless debt. However, would people agree this is nothing to worry about if I'm miserable doing something. I also want to ask if anyone has went on to do pharmacy or any form of engineering from an access course? How was it? If I work hard and am dedicated, is 70% a reasonable target. Also, how have people found balancing work and studies, i've been able to live off my student loan (lazy I know), but the access course is at college where no loan is recieved, but I'd only be in 3 days. Another question i have is what field am I most likely to get a job in- civil engineering or pharmacy?
    I'm really worried and fed up at the moment, so any advice is appreciated so much
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.