Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It is March and it is almost spring break. It's been 6 months that I'm doing my IGCSE music. I know it is hard to change it now but I really want to drop music. I was not in British school system last year, I just moved to British system school. I didn't have any information about choosing options for IGCSE and of course I didn't know that I have to take it for 2 years. The reason why I picked music was in my old school, I also did music so I thought it is gonna be same thing as what I did in my old school. However it was totally different and it was incredibly hard. The reason why I want to drop it is not because that it is just a hard subject or I don't like the teacher. Because I didn't learn any basic knowledge of music, I don't know anything. Literally I don't know anything about music. I have never done these things in my life before. I thought if I study and try my best, put lots of effort, then I can overcome this subject. i thought it will be okay. I tried my best, if I don't know anything I searched it up but I couldn't understand anything because I don't know anything. I can't even follow the lesson, what I'm doing in my music class is sitting on a chair doing nothing, writing down what my teacher says. I tried my best, I reached limitation, I cannot stand with this subject anymore. I really feel like I'd attempt something stupid during rest of my IGCSE if I carry on with it. I don't want to live another days of already horrible school life with this awful subject. I sent an email to the teacher, and I asked the teacher, but he said no, it is hard to change it. I seriously cannot get on with music now. Can I get some advice please? I am really stressed out.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ihategcsemusic)
    It is March and it is almost spring break. It's been 6 months that I'm doing my IGCSE music. I know it is hard to change it now but I really want to drop music. I was not in British school system last year, I just moved to British system school. I didn't have any information about choosing options for IGCSE and of course I didn't know that I have to take it for 2 years. The reason why I picked music was in my old school, I also did music so I thought it is gonna be same thing as what I did in my old school. However it was totally different and it was incredibly hard. The reason why I want to drop it is not because that it is just a hard subject or I don't like the teacher. Because I didn't learn any basic knowledge of music, I don't know anything. Literally I don't know anything about music. I have never done these things in my life before. I thought if I study and try my best, put lots of effort, then I can overcome this subject. i thought it will be okay. I tried my best, if I don't know anything I searched it up but I couldn't understand anything because I don't know anything. I can't even follow the lesson, what I'm doing in my music class is sitting on a chair doing nothing, writing down what my teacher says. I tried my best, I reached limitation, I cannot stand with this subject anymore. I really feel like I'd attempt something stupid during rest of my IGCSE if I carry on with it. I don't want to live another days of already horrible school life with this awful subject. I sent an email to the teacher, and I asked the teacher, but he said no, it is hard to change it. I seriously cannot get on with music now. Can I get some advice please? I am really stressed out.
    You are in the UK school system and doing IGCSE or GCSE?
    It depends on your school. Talk to your parents and then the teacher and then the head of year. They may not like it.

ReputationRep:
    I can only speak from experiences at my school, but somebody who I'm close friends with only recently moved to my school. One of the GCSEs that they chose at their old school isn't an option at my school so instead of starting a course they struggle with they have dropped it and just do revision during the lesson that they would have their extra GCSEs lesson.I don't know if that made any sense or helped?Try talking to your head of year or music teacher.

Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.