The Student Room Group

Childrens Nursing Interview

I have a interview at Plymouth Uni for the Children's Nursing. Back in 2017, I had applied for the same course at Bristol UWE and I got the interview. However, I was rejected for reasons unknown. (I had also applied to Liverpool, Dundee and Keele and got rejected from all these places so I was very disheartened).

I then got an email from Plymouth in January inviting me for an interview and because of my previous rejection, I don't want to make the same mistakes as before but I have no idea what to expect from this Uni's Interview.

What type of things should I know about? Current affairs in the medical world, code of conduct and safeguarding are the main things I know like the back of my hand but I am afraid if I am missing something out?

Can someone please help me out?
Original post by scouse.mouse
I have a interview at Plymouth Uni for the Children's Nursing. Back in 2017, I had applied for the same course at Bristol UWE and I got the interview. However, I was rejected for reasons unknown. (I had also applied to Liverpool, Dundee and Keele and got rejected from all these places so I was very disheartened).

I then got an email from Plymouth in January inviting me for an interview and because of my previous rejection, I don't want to make the same mistakes as before but I have no idea what to expect from this Uni's Interview.

What type of things should I know about? Current affairs in the medical world, code of conduct and safeguarding are the main things I know like the back of my hand but I am afraid if I am missing something out?

Can someone please help me out?

Hi, you can find nursing, midwifery & allied health course interview advice here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5084328
Like you said knowing current news, about the nmc code & safeguarding for the interview is important. Also be sure you know the role of a children’s nurse and where you can work is also good. Think about your experience and your relevant skills too.
On the day try to relax and take a few seconds before you answer any questions to think about what you want to say.
Good luck, I hope it goes well!
Original post by mel_l218
Hi, you can find nursing, midwifery & allied health course interview advice here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5084328
Like you said knowing current news, about the nmc code & safeguarding for the interview is important. Also be sure you know the role of a children’s nurse and where you can work is also good. Think about your experience and your relevant skills too.
On the day try to relax and take a few seconds before you answer any questions to think about what you want to say.
Good luck, I hope it goes well!

Thank you so much! This has helped me out so much! I'll try to relax on the day, fingers crossed my nerves don't get the better of me
Hiya, I have already done my interview at Plymouth for children's nursing and I have been given an offer, so let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Oh wow! Congratulations babe!! I have loads of questions - How did it go? What was the process like? How long did the day go on for? I'm really nervous about my interview due to the Bristol UWE rejection. They did a whole day process from 8:30 - 1:30 and it consisted of a group activity and many other things.
Original post by BeckyLouise_14
Hiya, I have already done my interview at Plymouth for children's nursing and I have been given an offer, so let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Original post by scouse.mouse
Oh wow! Congratulations babe!! I have loads of questions - How did it go? What was the process like? How long did the day go on for? I'm really nervous about my interview due to the Bristol UWE rejection. They did a whole day process from 8:30 - 1:30 and it consisted of a group activity and many other things.

It went really well for me. My process was going to a room where they showed us a presentation about the course. Then there was a written assessment based on a video followed by a numeracy test and then a one-on-one interview. It was a fairly long day, I was there for a few hours. There was no group activity though. But my interview was based on what I had written in the written assessment. They were all really friendly and they actually let me know about the offer over the phone around 2 hours after I left the university. And honestly don’t be nervous, it was quite relaxed for me. Just make sure to take a form of id with you along with your second reference. If you have any other questions I’m happy to answer them 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending