Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am planning on studying at Abertay University in Dundee and am stuck on which halls to go with. I would say I am very sociable and would like to be placed in pretty busy halls. Which halls are the best to go with?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm going to study to Abertay University as well and since I'm Italian I plan to stay in Student Halls.
    I've got your same problem, though. My only issue is that I don't want to spend too much since I live far from my parents and I don't want them to give me all their money

ReputationRep:
    I’m a Scottish student and I think I’ll go with Lyons street it’s the cheapest and the economy room I would like is based in a flat of two so I’d only have to share with one other plus there’s free parking on site. Meadow side and Parker house have ensuites but you have to pay for parking 60 a month for meadowside
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would suggest either Parker House or Meadowside. (Im only an applicant myself but ive done my homework and checked both out as well as prices) Parker house was by far the fanciest, nice big kitchen gym common room with pool tables etc. However it is pretty expensive though the cheapest room type isnt drastically worse than the others

Meadowside is less costly with the rent being small enough for a SAAS loan to cover. It also has staff that clean the communal areas (Take out bins, clean kitchen, hoover etc) Parker house doesn't have this luxury so its up to the students to clean up after themselves.

Though it is best to consult someone who has stayed before and check reviews online. Their far more useful at painting an accurate picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedgar)
    Personally I would suggest either Parker House or Meadowside. (Im only an applicant myself but ive done my homework and checked both out as well as prices) Parker house was by far the fanciest, nice big kitchen gym common room with pool tables etc. However it is pretty expensive though the cheapest room type isnt drastically worse than the others

Meadowside is less costly with the rent being small enough for a SAAS loan to cover. It also has staff that clean the communal areas (Take out bins, clean kitchen, hoover etc) Parker house doesn't have this luxury so its up to the students to clean up after themselves.

Though it is best to consult someone who has stayed before and check reviews online. Their far more useful at painting an accurate picture.
    Do you have much to say about Lyons street just because I’ll probs go here cos it’s the most affordable for me
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
    Do you have much to say about Lyons street just because I’ll probs go here cos it’s the most affordable for me
    Didn't check that one out but alot of them aren't on suite. Your best asking someone who has stayed their as tgey have first hand experience.

One thing i will say is that it is much further away from campus than the others

ReputationRep:
    I checked again and I'll probably stay in the Twin Room at Lyon Street since it is the cheapest room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KarenBi)
    I checked again and I'll probably stay in the Twin Room at Lyon Street since it is the cheapest room.
    Did you apply for Lyon street?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.