Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fundraise for a school trip. Need to know how to make £1200 for New York trip !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to fundraise for a school trip. Need to know how to make £1200 for New York trip !!
    Get a part time job to earn some cash
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You could ask family and friends for help but honestly this the kind of thing just has to be paid for by getting a job and earning money.

(Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    You could ask family and friends for help but honestly this the kind of thing just has to be paid for by getting a job and earning money.
    I have a job but don’t want to spend all money I earn from it

ReputationRep:
    You're going on a £1200 holiday... why do you think other people should pay for that while you sit on a pile of savings/spend them on clothes/whatever. If you were doing it for charity you could probably raise some money but you're not so pay for it if you want to go.

ReputationRep:
    This school trip is no different from any expensive purchase, you have income and you need to decide whether you'd rather spend it on the trip or on other things. You aren't going to dig wells in Africa, this is basically a holiday. If you really want to go, cut down on your spending and start a savings account.

ReputationRep:
    You either want to go or not, and you get the things you want by spending the money you have. You don't ask for others to fund things that you can afford yourself. Any big purchase like this requires a sacrifice, i.e. the realisation that if you spend the money you have on X, you won't be able to buy Y, so you need to get used to this if you want to go.

ReputationRep:
    A school trip to New York? Insane.

Fund your own holidays and suggest that your school focuses on education.

ReputationRep:
    Street busking?
    Sell your anal virginity?

ReputationRep:
    ask 240 people for £5
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by IDOZ)
    Get a part time job to earn some cash
    Thats what i was thinking.
    Get a part time job. You will save up enough in no time.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.